Security Officer (ARIA)
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by MGM Resorts International
Become one of the stars behind the show and become part of the world?s most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
Security Officers act as a visual deterrent, intervene and respond to all levels of security and potential emergency needs including acts or threats of violence, emergencies, and life safety threats. This position requires specialized training. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices and procedures.
- Patrol and monitor all areas of the property, including the exterior with various forms of transportation modes.
- Monitor alarm system and surveillance cameras.
- Provide excellent guest service to guests and employees and resolve complaints and issues involving both guests and employees.
- Act as a first responder in emergency situations.
- Perform gaming drops/transactions, including carrying drop boxes and chip carriers.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as property damage, theft, guest or employee accidents, or unusual occurrences.
- Act as a dispatcher to relay information, messages and/or emergencies to or from appropriate personnel using telephones or two-way radios.
- Render appropriate first aid to injured persons and following established protocol for reporting injuries.
- Assist in emergency situations by securing the scene to prevent further loss or damage, advise personnel of threats and potential threats, summon emergency responders to the incident, and initiate and conduct evacuation procedures.
- Required to successfully attend and pass all recurring mandatory legal, defensive tactics, first aid, CPR/AED response simulation as a condition of employment.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of all assigned equipment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- At least 21 years of age.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience.
- Previous security, military, or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Ability to learn, demonstrate proficiency and effectively use defensive tactics and handcuffing techniques.
- Ability to participate in all evacuation procedures to aid guests and employees during an emergency.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment.
- Ability to learn, demonstrate proficiency and effectively use various computer software.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.