Digital Media Strategist
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Sonoma Media Investments
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating digital advertising campaigns for our advertisers, which includes the range of: digital display on our owned sites; programmatic digital display; sponsored content; email marketing; social media advertising.
- Producing supporting sales presentations and collateral (in PowerPoint and MS Word).
- Conceptualizing story ideas for Sponsored Content for advertisers.
- Creating subject lines and content ideas for targeted advertiser emails.
- Editing and writing content for sales fliers, internal promotion, and sales presentations that represent our entire range of digital products.
- Creating content for social media platforms on behalf of advertisers, as needed.
- Remaining fully informed on current and emerging market trends, and implementing best practices.
- Reporting on digital product results, for internal and external purposes (in Excel and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor?s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Journalism or related field from a four-year college or university desired.
- 6 months to two years? of related work experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- MS Office experience required, Expert usage of Excel and PowerPoint is required, Content Management Systems (WordPress a big plus), Google Ad Manager/DFP is highly sought.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret large amounts of information and data from a variety of sources.
- Adequate knowledge of typical content management systems and reporting platforms.
- Basic understanding of general marketing principles required.
- Knowledge of advertising copywriting.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal clients, external clients and employees from the organization.
- Excellent project management, time management and organization skills a must.
Each week, seven out of ten North Bay adults ? more than 376,000 in total ? engage with the many SMI publications and their corresponding websites, including: The Pulitzer Prize-Winning Press Democrat (the flagship daily), The Sonoma Index-Tribune, Petaluma Argus-Courier, The North bay Business Journal, Sonoma Magazine and La Prensa Sonoma (the region?s premier Spanish-language newspaper and website).
Sonoma Media Investment values the contribution of our employees and offers a competitive compensation plan. We also offer an array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K and Paid Time Off. Sonoma Media Investments is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. Any job offer is conditional upon satisfactorily completing a background investigation and pre-employment drug testing.
Sonoma Media Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer