Assistant Director - Research Associate
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Moody's
As a research associate, you will join our Quantitative Research team in San Francisco which has a rich history of providing leading edge research and thought leadership in the credit risk arena. As a part of this team, you will gain first-hand experience in meeting the business and regulatory challenges faced by today's financial institutions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research on measurements of credit risk by applying cutting-edge statistical, machine learning, and optimization techniques to economic and financial analytics
- Coordinating with economists, financial modellers and data analysts to turn sophisticated research findings into customized solutions
- Providing research expertise to develop prototypes and support software development activities
- Presenting research findings to technical and non-technical audiences
Department/Team: Will be a part of Research and Modelling Group.
- Ph.D. or Masters in quantitative fields such as mathematics, statistics, electrical engineering, computer science, operations research, and financial engineering, or closely related fields
- Proficiency in probability and statistical analysis; experience in machine learning with optimization algorithms
- Experience in analyzing big datasets including non-structured data, e.g., textual information
- Proficiency in scripting/programming languages such as R and Python; experience in software development and/or cloud computing is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email .. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.
Assistant Director - Research Associate