Legal Assistant - Contentious Probate
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Anonymous
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
One of the most highly-regarded law firms in the South West is currently looking to recruit a full time, permanent Legal Assistant to help support their busy and growing Contentious Probate Team in their Taunton Office.
Legal experience or training is preferred, although it is more important that the successful candidate demonstrates an enthusiasm that is matched by the motivation to learn and deliver effective support to the Team Leader.
Responsibilities will include:
* Assisting with day to day running of matters e.g. drafting letters, preparing bundles
* Ensuring regular communication updates to clients
* Maintaining correspondence on live matters and chasing outstanding documentation
* Dealing with client ID and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
* Dealing with client enquiries and queries in person and on the phone
* Attending mediation meetings with Team Leader
* Attending Court with Team Leader when required
A strong team player, you will demonstrate the ability to work flexibly whilst prioritising a busy workload. An eye for detail is also important, along with good communication and interpersonal skills.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity for anyone wishing to start out in a legal career, with prospects concomitant with performance.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
By applying for the role, you agree that Fresh Recruits may contact you under GDPR Article 6(1)(b) in connection with your application by email and/or telephone and you consent to receiving information by email and/or telephone in relation to Fresh Recruits providing you with work finding services, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our Data Protection, Privacy Notice and Full Equal Opportunities policies can be viewed here: https://(url removed)/privacy-policy
JMC Legal Recruitment