Full Time Hearing Impairment Teaching Assistant Required
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Anonymous
Your new School
A primary school based in Somerset are looking for a passionate and dedicated SEND teaching assistant to work within KS2. The school is known for its special needs support and caring environment.
Your new job
As a SEND teaching assistant working with a child with hearing impairment, you will be required to work on a 1:1 basis covering day to day learning in line with the curriculum. You will need to have experience in Makaton, in order to communicate effectively with the child. You will be creative with your support to engage and communicate with the child using visual learning. The class teacher will be working closely with you to ensure all aspects are covered and all preparations are made.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience with hearing impairment within a school environment
* A desire to positively impact a child's learning and development
* Good visual communication skills with both students and colleagues
* A creative and practical approach
What you'll get in return
* The opportunity to gain experience in a 1:1 role
* Valuable experience within a dedicated team
* A competitive salary
* Safeguarding Training
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this Teaching Assistant job, then please click 'Apply now' to forward an up to date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.