Business Development Manager (Manned Guarding)
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Anonymous
Key responsibilities include:
* Achieving sales targets so that the business achieves its strategic plan for profitable and sustainable growth from new customers
* Working closely with Manned Guarding and Other Managers to maximise the potential of all new business opportunities
* Identifying, qualifying and winning new opportunities for the business
* Developing and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within target markets and client organisations so that the Company image is enhanced and growth is realised
Role Specific Duties
* Conducting surveys and developing associated quotations
* Proactively researching the market and competitors to maximise our positioning and provide intelligence in relation to, pricing, performance and presentation, reviewing business objectives and plan ahead in line with business plans & annual fiscal targets.
* Providing up-to-date and accurate pipeline forecasts and producing accurate monthly reports in a timely manner
* Maintaining the company's customer database and ensuring that the management team are kept fully informed through regular feedback and reports
* Negotiating commercial arrangements with customers subject to agreed and approved criteria.
* Assisting with preparation of quotations and tenders for new and existing customers and following up in a very professional manner.
Skills Educational Qualifications Required
* Strong skills in the security industry or that can be transferred into the security market and experience of working with high end clients
* Proven success in previous sales role and a track record in negotiating major contracts of all sizes up to £1m
* Success in both developing new business and growing established customer accounts
* Excellence in both verbal and written communication including bid writing and support to marketing colleagues
* Demonstrable energy and a focus on results, coupled with real imagination and flair to develop compelling propositions
* Exhibits a positive, 'can-do' attitude, commercially astute, revenue and profit focused
* Stature and credibility internally, and with clients and prospects
* Strong verbal and written communicator with effective influencing skills
* Background in the security guarding market would be advantageous
Salary negotiable likely range (£35k-£45k), commission, mileage allowance, expenses, 20 days holiday increasing to 23 days after year 2 and 25 days after year 3, laptop and mobile phone and pension scheme.
We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore if we do not contact you within seven days your application for this particular role has not been successful. However we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest. Fairford Associates operates as an Employment Agency introducing work-seekers to client employers for direct employment by those employers