IMD, PWM, Global Management Team, Vice President
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Goldman Sachs USA
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Are you a strategic thinker with a strong work ethic, desire to work within a growing global business, and ability to think outside the box? Members of the Global Management Team build expertise in business analysis and project management/execution, develop a deeper understanding of the Private Wealth Management (PWM) business on a macro level, and gain exposure to senior managers in PWM. The team is seeking a candidate who has the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and passion for working with others are essential to maintaining and enhancing our business.
PWM secures, develops and manages relationships with high net worth individuals, their families, family offices and foundations. PWM assists clients with building and preserving their financial wealth by creating and implementing long-term asset allocation within the context of each client's particular risk tolerance, and by providing access to innovative investment ideas and opportunities. By combining our market expertise with a client's investment objectives, the group delivers industry-leading advice and access to the derivatives and securities markets.
The Global Management Team is seeking a Vice President to work directly with PWM senior management to develop and execute strategic and operational initiatives for the global business. You will be a key liaison for senior managers, regional management teams, Private Wealth Advisors, and many other business enablers in daily business operations.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Define and lead projects related to the profitability, growth and operational efficiency of the global Private Wealth Management business
- Facilitate and manage cross-functional efforts on a variety of strategic initiatives with business partners in Finance, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Human Capital Management and Technology divisions
- Work closely with Regional Management teams and Federation teams supporting the PWM business in the Americas, Europe, and Asia on various business initiatives
- Engage with senior stakeholders within the business and across the Federation on key decisions, risks and deliverables associated with business initiatives
- Work closely with other team members to provide support on large scale projects
- Think strategically and develop a deeper understanding of the business on a macro and micro level
- Build expertise in business analysis and project management/execution
- Potential for long-term career development
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the Financial Services sector
- Strategic thinker and outstanding analytical skills; ability to work with detailed financial or other data and understand and communicate commercial implications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Results-oriented; ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, handling multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered
- Ability to analyze complex issues and to manage them through conclusion
- Confidence and poise to work closely with senior management and other areas of the firm
- Highly organized and process oriented with strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- Commitment to excellence and a high level of integrity
- Retain good judgment and discretion, particularly when placed in demanding situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's Degree required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
IMD, PWM, Global Management Team, Vice President