Capital Markets Solutions Sales - Latam
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by Citi-US
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID:
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
Description of the Position
This role is for a key member of the Latam Capital Markets Solutions team focused on the three core growth-orientated objectives:
-To actively market, facilitate, execute and grow, the Markets Direct Access ("MDA") Program in conjunction with Citi Private Bank ("CPB") and Markets business partners. This program enables CPB to refer appropriate clients to Markets for coverage by appropriate asset class professionals. Qualifying clients in professional mega wealth and FO clients that can trade directly with the various desks in Markets.
-To actively originate, facilitate, execute and grow, the CPB Markets 'Solutions' and Structured Finance business for Citi Private Bank's Mega Wealth and Family Office clients, including sales of strategic equity solutions, commercial real estate financing opportunities, commodities hedge and financing solutions and other complex structured lending provided out of Citi Global Markets trading books.
-To actively help with the growth of the Direct Private Investments ("DPI") Program. This program enables Private Bank to refer to suitable clients to ICG Markets and the Investment Bank to participate in directly engaging in buying private placements of equity in companies with no publically traded securities.
-Both CPB and Citi Markets continue to focus on the execution against the growth of the Mega wealth and Family Office segment and now seek to add resources to build upon the firm's position as a leading provider of tailored, capital markets solutions to this client set via its One Citi approach to delivery.
Ability to have a close partnership between CPB and Markets across both its businesses with a focus on originating and executing on new clients, new trading relationships and new transactions. In particular, the following will be key:
• Working in close partnership and building on/creating a complete understanding of the platform of the existing CPB Capital Markets Americas team
• Maintain a close partnership, as a "Capital Markets Solution" specialist with Banking team leader, ICs and CPB relationship managers across the LatAm region
• Helping with the coordination with the various Citi Markets product trading and structuring desks to source 'Solutions' product across all asset classes
• Work with Risk, Credit and Legal in CPB and Markets to negotiate and execute credit lines and documentation terms with the client base and their respective legal teams
• Work with the onboarding teams in CPB and Markets to effectively onboard the new accounts into both platforms.
• Work on internal and external presentations. Could be client solutions, capabilities and/or case studies.
• Prepare monthly business review reports.
• Help on the sales efforts to build out and execute on Citi's collective coverage of the growing segment of the Mega wealth in Americas
• Develop enhanced ability to work multiple regional and product teams across Citi
• Breadth of role will provide business and personal development opportunities
• Extensive experience in sales of Multi Asset Markets Products
• Experience in derivatives and structured products
• Spanish and/or Portuguese Language skills in addition to fluent English are beneficial
• Extensive knowledge in selling and coordinating "Solution" products to Single Family Offices
• Exposure to Family Office and/or Ultra High Net Worth Private clients
• Strong Overall Markets product knowledge
• Good interpersonal and communication skills essential
• Strong analytical skills essential
• Ability to develop strong working relationships across functional and geographical lines
• Good understanding of regulation for Retail Customer base skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and multitasking.
• Good initiative & creativity - ability to present alternatives and construct new ideas.
• Ability to work in a changing, project based, team environment
• Strong service-focused attitude, attention to details
• Self- motivated and ability to cooperate with team members
• Decision Making and Judgement
• Drive and Determination
• Attention to Detail
• Innovation and Creativity
• Analysis and Problem Solving
• Building Relationships
• Manages Risk
• Teamwork Capital Markets Solutions Sales - Latam