Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Safe Passage International
The purpose of this role is to develop and administer Safe Passage's long-term fundraising strategy, developing innovative, sustainable and diverse income streams. The post holder will focus on developing the major donor strand of our work but will also have responsibility for key partnerships such as UNHCR.
This role requires experience of a variety of fundraising techniques such as: Trusts and Foundations, individual giving, online and major-donor fundraising.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: No direct responsibility.
Role Dimensions: This is a demanding, internally and externally-facing role which leads the programme's fundraising work. It requires an ability to:
· Develop Safe Passage's relationship with major donors and key partners.
· Assist with management of the fundraising pipeline and associated process of internal consultation regarding funding needs, building close and effective working relationships with the Management Team to ensure clarity of direction of fundraising activity.
· Develop and maintain key strategic relationships.
· Proactively build excellent working relationships with colleagues across Europe.
· Write in a diverse range of styles: funding bids, copywriting for the website and communications to donors.
· Understand issues relating to child safeguarding, refugees and asylum law.
· Manage multiple and often conflicting demands.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Develop and execute a long-term major donors strategy for Safe Passage.
· Constantly review strategy to ensure our fundraising strategy meets the project's needs.
· Develop and maintain key strategic relationships in liaison with the Management Team with Trust and Foundation funders, major donors and others as identified.
· Keep abreast of new business and fundraising activities of relevant organisations, identifying opportunities for collaboration or replication of service delivery.
· Set up and maintain systems needed to track, monitor and manage fundraising activity and ensure these are used by the team/other colleagues as necessary.
· Keep abreast of trends across the charity, refugee and child-protection sectors, identifying opportunities.
Developing new and maintaining existing income streams
· Identify and develop relationships with potential new partners.
· Maintain excellent relations with major donors.
· Manage the fundraising pipeline and associated process of internal consultation regarding funding needs, building close and effective working relationships with the Management Team to ensure clarity of direction of fundraising activity.
· Support the team to develop projects for the fundraising pipeline working in partnership with colleagues in operations and field teams.
· Support the team to research/develop an evidence-base and business case to support grant applications and pitches such as Charity of the Year.
· Prepare, cost, write, present and monitor all grant applications/grants to Trusts, Foundations and corporates.
· Prioritize work independently, managing own workload and using initiative and problem solving skills to manage competing demands to ensure high
· Ensure that the highest levels of child and vulnerable person safeguarding are upheld at all times
· Undertake other areas of work as required within agreed timeframes.
· Support team members to utilise and support volunteers and interns on an ad hoc basis.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
· Project management skills and managing complex and multiple projects
· Excellent written skills and attention to detail including advanced proof reading.
· Excellent communicator and confident relationship builder.
· Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, including influencing and negotiating with key stakeholders both internal and external at all levels of seniority.
· Proficient use of IT.
· Relevant degree OR professional qualification/membership would be an advantage
Monitoring and reporting
· Supports team to ensure impact is captured effectively
· Ability to interpret/analyse numerical and statistical data
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Safe Passage values
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest integrity
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Ability to champion continuous improvement and assist in the implementation of change in the team
· Educated to degree level in a relevant field or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· Excellent track record of successful fundraising from a variety of sources.
· Track record of relationship development and maintenance to achieve organisational fundraising targets.
· Experience of completing tenders or statutory/trust fundraising.
· Experience of establishing and developing new and creative ways of raising money through businesses.
· In depth knowledge of charitable fundraising
· Ability to communicate in a cross-cultural environment
· Experience of working with numerous stakeholders to manage expectations
· Proven track record of delivering complex logistical and administrative projects
· Ability to self-start and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Experience of working collaboratively and establishing positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· A commitment to the Safe Passage's programme and values
· Experience of working on asylum-related issues.
· Experience of working in a humanitarian context
· Experience of working with vulnerable people
· Experience of working with and managing volunteers and interns
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Citizens UK Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with Safe Passage International's Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties appropriate to their level of skills and experience.
Safe Passage International