Patient Experience Officer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Healthwatch Ealing
Title: Patient Experience Officer
Reporting to: Director
Location: Working across boroughs of Ealing and Hounslow (office base Ealing)
Salary: £22,000 (depending on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Holidays: 25 days, plus 8 statutory days
Contract: Maternity cover (9 month contract with possible extension)
Your Voice in Health & Social Care (YVHSC) has been commissioned to deliver Healthwatch
Hounslow and Healthwatch Ealing. Healthwatch is the main public and patient engagement
mechanism for health and social care users. National guidance and a range of local engagement
activities have helped to develop outputs for both Healthwatch Hounslow and Ealing in order to
improve outcomes for local people.
Healthwatch includes championing the health and social care needs of adults and children in both
boroughs, acting as an independent local voice ensuring that services meet the needs and remain
high-quality and fit-for-purpose. Representing the views and experiences of local people, including
children and young people, and helping communities to exercise greater choice over the services
they receive. Healthwatch Hounslow and Ealing will have a visible presence in the borough, with
an effective, proactive and independent local voice.
To provide development and operational delivery of the patient experience programme across
Hounslow and Ealing, which includes:
Extensive community outreach across health, social care and community settings
Collection of real time patient experience feedback
Management of data collection, collation, analysis and reporting functions
Day to day management of our patient experience management system (wordpress content
Production of quarterly reports using Adobe InDesign
Development, training and support of a volunteer base to underpin delivery of the patient
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To contribute to the development and delivery of patient experience capability and capacity
across the organisation, leading on local patient experience activities.
2. To gather patient experience feedback on health and social care services through an
extensive outreach programme across both boroughs.
3. To support people to share their experiences with us and to support the operational teams
to develop skills, knowledge and experience to do this within their own areas.
4. To identify engagement opportunities across the boroughs to collect patient feedback and
liaise with relevant partners as appropriate.
5. To maintain robust systems for collating and analysing patient and resident feedback,
including maintaining relevant databases and designing relevant reports and graphics.
6. To upload, analyse, interpret and present the results of the patient experiences collected.
7. To assess and review our digital feedback centre (WordPress) and to manage all patients
experiences through Healthwatch website.
8. To produce quarterly and annual patient experience reports for both boroughs.
9. To train, support and supervise volunteers to participate in the collection of patient
10. To refer people to the Healthwatch information and signposting service and the NHS
Complaints Advocacy Service.
11. To work with colleagues to identify local trends in health and social care and gaps in need.
12. To promote the role of Healthwatch and represent the organisation and its findings at
external meetings and with individual partners.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
13. Support Healthwatch values of quality, teamwork, care and compassion, dignity and
respect, and openness, honesty and responsibility through the application of appropriate
behaviours and attitudes.
14. To work with colleagues to help Healthwatch become a listening, learning and improving
15. To work with colleagues across the organisation to ensure all reports and correspondence
are co-ordinated and responded to efficiently, effectively in a timely manner.
16. Update Healthwatch websites and social media accounts.
17. To contribute to team working by participating in staff meetings, away days and other
events as necessary.
18. To attend supervisions and appraisals and provide written progress and work reports
19. Plan and manage own workload, set targets and deadlines, and be self-supporting with
regard to administration and IT.
20. Participate in the organisations fundraising activities and contribute to the preparation of
21. Attend training courses as agreed with, or determined by, his or her line manager.
22. Work within YVHSC's Equality & Diversity framework, taking positive action where
EXPERIENCE (relevant transferrable skills will be considered)
1. Experience of project management and meeting targets
2. Experience of community outreach and working with diverse communities
3. Experience of training, supporting and working with volunteers
4. Experience of health and social care research
5. Experience of writing reports
6. Experience of designing and updating websites using WordPress Content Management
7. Experience of using databases, analysing and interpreting data
8. Experience of using Adobe Indesign, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
9. Experience of creating and publishing social media content.
10. Experience of working on large-scale projects involving several internal and external
stakeholders and demonstrating problem solving, and a proactive approach to work.
11. Experience of professional representation and working with a variety of community,
statutory, local government and private sector partners.
12. Knowledge of the health and social care sector, health and social care services and the
populations of Ealing and Hounslow.
13. Knowledge and understanding of the remit of Healthwatch and patient and public
engagement and experience.
14. Understanding of how to use digital communications tools / techniques.
15. Knowledge of using computers for data analysis and presentations.
16. Good command of the English language, both verbal and written. Additional languages
would be advantageous.
17. Degree level or equivalent.
18. One year's work experience in a health & social care setup.
Application deadline 2nd January, noon
Interviews 9th /10th January 2019
Please send us your CV and covering letter addressing the JD.
Post Starts February 2019
Please note only successful applicants will be notified as to whether they have an interview.
Please note all roles will require a DBS check.