Sustainability Manager - Construction
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Lendlease
Sustainability Manager - 12 month fixed term contract
The Lendlease Sustainability Manager (Construction) is a pro-active generalist, able to cover all major issues of sustainability with all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the delivery of LL Environmental Management System (EMS) and other key risk mitigation processes, including implementation of Enablon and Footprint reporting systems.
- Continually driving innovation and improvement in best practices across sustainability activities within LL, including development of the LL EMS and other systems.
- Be the focal point for sustainability support at the project level with an ability to lead on specific site based issues for projects to ensure compliance.
- Ensure delivery of the sustainability training program at all times ensuring that the LL Sustainability Framework and annual goas are understood.
- Ensure that accurate and clear sustainability data is captured and reported across the specific project portfolio.
- Lead the sustainability section of bids where required to ensure that Lendlease demonstrates a point of difference from our sustainability practices.
Knowledge, skills & experince required:
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in environment and sustainability in construction
- Demonstrated experience in delivering environment and sustainability performance for construction projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information in a concise way to a non technical audience
- Strong analytical, rigorous approach to sustainability data and the performance of construction projects
- Business minded, able to articulate the value and benefits of sustainability, compliance, reporting, etc.
- Able to negotiate with suppliers to find optimal efficiencies E
- Ability to influence and be seen as a sustainability lead for the organization.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.