Scrum Master - 2 Positions Available
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
The Scrum Master is accountable for servant leadership and promoting team effectiveness in the Product teams within their respective domains. The Scrum Master will ensure that Scrum practices are being followed and more importantly that the practices are adding value for the team and customer.
They will ensure the team are delivering value early and often, optimizing the flow of work end-to-end and discovering quality through fast feedback from customers. They will support the team by helping to unblock impediments and using a strong network across GSK, ensure teams can progress.
The Scrum Master will support the Product Owner in ensuring a well prioritized backlog. The Scrum Master may support several persistent product development teams. Scrum Masters will provide coaching to the persistent teams and serve the wider organisation effectively in the adoption of agile principles.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Facilitate meetings and ceremonies associated with product delivery in an efficient and effective manner.
• Working with persistent product teams and the wider business to unblock impediments in their way.
• Coaching delivery teams on agile processes & practices and VFQ; seeking resource where applicable.
• Inspect and adapt with the team to enable continuous improvement
• Support the product owner in identifying and validating opportunities and managing the product backlog in JIRA
• Help the team to report to management, monitor metrics and highlight any issues or anomalies
• Manage engagement and collaboration with other Tech teams
• Communicate with stakeholders at all levels; understand and communicate organisational-wide Tech initiatives
• Collaborate with peers to refine agile processes.
CLOSING DATE for applications: 19th December (COB) - Interviews will be held in the New Year
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Relevant (e.g. R&D, Commercial, Corporate, GMS) experience in Tech organisation
• Track record in delivering value through process and Tech enabled solutions
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
• Understanding of Agile Software Development, experience in Scrum, Kanban, SAFe desirable
• Understanding of Emergn VFQ desirable
• Experience in facilitating SCRUM/Agile teams in a complex tech environment
• Experience of facilitating SCRUM/Agile teams developing in an SAP landscape
• Experience of coaching and facilitating change in an organisation transforming from Waterfall to Agile, desirable
• Experience in GxP/Pharma/FCMG, desirable
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.