Planning & Compliance Director
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
We are searching for a Finance Director who can lead the planning and compliance team and deliver critical business support to the SVP Finance and Business Exec. The Pharmaceuticals Supply Chain (PSC) plays a vital role in delivering GSK's ambitious strategy and helping patients and consumers around the world to do more, feel better and live longer. Come and join the team!
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
Support the PSC SVP Finance, FLT and the Exec to deliver the 3/1 Plan and Updates. Provide business partnering to the SVP Finance with focus on decision support to ensure the cost per unit, cashflow and return on invested capital ambitions are met. Direct the 3 reports in the team to deliver the compliance agenda, OE and Support Function actuals & plan. Additionally, the role has high exposure to senior leaders in both Pharma Commercial and Corporate.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Lead the financial plan and update processes across PSC (Total cost £3.4bn, Inventory £2bn, Capital £0.6bn, Headcount 18,000) to a high level of quality and to tight deadlines.
• Lead the reporting of the 3/1 Plan and Update presentation packs to both the internal audience (FLT & Exec) and externally (Pharna commercial & Corporate).
• Ownership of the plan timetable and plan guidance to FLT/Sites including standardised packs.
• Provide financial analysis and decision-making support to the SVP & VP controller.
• Provide governance for the PSC Operational Excellence program including accurate/timely reporting of all YTD and latest forecasts of expenditure, benefits and headcount movements.
• Leading the compliance strategy/framework across both the Pharma and Consumer Supply Chains.
• Lead the consolidation and review of Corporate Quarterly reporting requirements (Judgements, OE, Significant contracts & impairments).
• Responsible for the for the accounting and reporting of the Support Function spend.
• Collaborate with the broader Finance teams in PSC, Pharma Commercial, Corporate, etc. to anticipate needs and align requirements so to deliver the reporting requirements on time.
• Responsible for the development of 3 direct reports: Planning Manager, Compliance Manager and Support Functions Analyst.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 29th Nov 2018 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advertisement)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Professional qualification at university level (e.g., ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA, MBA, or local equivalent)
• Demonstrated experience and confidence to stakeholder manage at a senior level.
• Collaborative team player and ability to build relationships and influence across GSK at different levels including Site Lead BP's, PSC FLT & Exec, Pharma Commercial and Corporate senior leaders.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to make complexity simple including to senior management in both Finance and the Business.
• Some understanding of how technical and/or finance issues can impact financial delivery in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to act as an effective Finance Partner giving insight and value add analysis in a complex & diverse manufacturing environment across multiple countries and multiple functions.
• Capability to lead and work in a complex matrix environment.
• Demonstrated financial knowledge of modelling, analysis, evaluation, forecasting, strategic planning, and decision making
• Ability to effectively use negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Understanding of systems and processes as they affect the financial results (BISON, ICT, Cognos, MERPS/CERPS etc.)
• Ability to plan and meet multiple deadlines
• Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Experience in leading and developing a team
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team .
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.