Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
Who are we?
We are a small and fresh-faced initiative within GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose:
To help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We use this ethos to guide us in our daily lives and to drive all our goals, values and expectations - how does this make you feel?
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products, and we want you to help us be one of the most trusted and best performing healthcare companies in the world.
What is our purpose?
Our group is a new and growing team of passionate thinkers and makers. We're embarking on a journey of discovery and experimentation to change the face of the Pharmaceutical industry. We're exploring new ways of using our technology to provide life-saving medicines to the people who really need them, using open and transparent methods, with passionate people with low ego who are eager to learn.
What you'll be doing...
• Reporting into the Director of Product Management.
• You are responsible for our Product culture in your individual squad(s), working with the Director, helping to create clear and cohesive visions for our software.
• Building relationships with the wider GSK business, collaborating closely with researchers and subject matter experts to build your own domain knowledge.
• You will be helping to craft prioritised roadmaps that contain not features, but themes and problems to be solved, linked to business outcomes.
• Helping your team create hypotheses, you'll delight in experimentation. Testing assumptions and validating solutions through a mix of lean design sprints, workshops and dual track agile.
• Working very closely with your Engineering Lead counterpart, overseeing autonomous cross-functional squads, helping to define and independently ship functionality to tackle user problems.
• You will drive successful delivery of consumer products from conception to adoption, you'll use data-informed metrics to determine how people experience our products.
• Working closely with your Director to set clear development goals, checking in regularly and giving and soliciting feedback.
• Preparing your squad(s) for rapid growth, ready to scale your ideas as necessary to deliver ever-more value.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
Play an important role in delivering our mission
Be an essential part of diverse, global team
Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: COP 16th December 2018
Why You?Basic qualifications:
Who we're looking for...
You're an experienced practitioner in Product Management, passionate about people and curious to find new ways to thrive in an ever-changing digital product industry.
You genuinely care about and enjoy helping your users, whilst balancing their needs with those of the business.
You are forward-thinking, able to influence the vision for the organisation.
You are an adept communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills/EQ, you are a learner and teacher.
You pride yourself on your ability to collaborate closely with the whole team, and with your immediate peers to produce tangible business outcomes.
You have a good eye for detail and beauty and are always searching to delight our customers and exceed their expectations. How many of these qualities do you think you have?
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
INTELLIGENT PEOPLE LTD
Penny Warren Recruitment
Willis Towers Watson