Director of Domain Insight Products
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
Want to use your skills to significantly improve the daily lives of scientists and employees across R&D so they can help patients? Want to be part of high performing teams containing world class talent? Do you have a passion for developing innovative, cutting-edge solutions to scientific and operational business problems? Then this could be the role for you . . .
The R&D Data strategy was put in place over 3 years ago with the mission to improve R&D decision making through the better use of its data. The Data & Computational Science group has now picked up the baton to build upon the foundations implemented, including Infrastructure build, platform and capability delivery to drive development of visualisation products.
These solutions will enable effective use of available data to be maximised by users across all of R&D from those exploring the data, through those analysing large scale datasets for insights to AI/ML experts in data and computational science.
We are in search of a leader and "doer" that has both a strategic and technical mindset to drive forward the development of products within the solutions team. If think you have what it takes, then read on further about this fantastic opportunity.
• Lead Definition, Design and Development of Relationships based Insights Discovery solution
• Drive a deep understanding of the entities relationships subject within Life-Science with the capability to design new approaches
• Integrating vendor tools and capabilities with custom developed applications to drive the development and deployment of analytical solutions
• Leading a team product managers and solution engineers focused on developing cutting edge computational capabilities for our big data platform
• Driving the development and configuration of solutions around both structured and unstructured data, ensuring solutions delivers to scientist relevant data with high accuracy
• Lead enablement of Knowledge Graph technologies into Life-Science discovery processes
• Use of Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and Predictive Analytics to drive the development of analytics solutions within our Hadoop based big data environment
• End-to-end experience managing the product development life cycle with a proven track record of successfully launching new products and services
• Be hands on within the project team on a day-to-day basis, continually inspecting and shaping the backlog in response to the changing business landscape or technical discoveries
• Demonstrated ability to lead and drive technology processes from concept development to completion of project deliverables. Familiarity in working in an Agile development environment.
Combination of technical and strong business communication skills with the ability to lead the data strategy discussions in highly technical areas in big data analytics. Advantageous to have experience with BI tools and have experience with Machine Learning
Closing date for applications: 12th December 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
BS Computer Science/Engineering with 10 years of relevant and practical experience in software product management or product development
Preference will be provided to individuals with demonstrated experience in Life-Sciences related data sciences, Hadoop, hands-on experience in Knowledge Graph technologies and their application in Life-Sciences, advanced data visualisation skills
MBA/MS with 10 years of relevant and practical experience in software product management or product development
• Hands-on experience in Knowledge Graph technologies and their application in Life-Sciences
• Able to understand various data structures and common methods in data transformation
• Experience in machine learning, or data mining practice
• Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving ability
• Experience managing high performing teams and off source development resources
• Experience working with Life Sciences Research & Development (i.e., Gene, Assay, Clinical, Real World Evidence, Product, Portfolio)
• Working knowledge and experience with Hadoop and relational databases
• Working knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites, and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
At GSK we are leaders in what we do - our pharmaceuticals business is made up of innovative and established medicines and holds leading positions in respiratory disease and HIV, in 2015 we distributed more than 690 million doses of vaccines to over 150 countries, and our Consumer Healthcare group has a portfolio of some of the world's most trusted and best selling brands. As a company our mission is to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
To find out more about life at GSK, click here.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.