R&D Audit Manager
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
In Audit & Assurance, we are looking for talents from within the lab environment with expertise and functional knowledge of R&D to join our team as an Audit Manager.
A&A is responsible for providing an objective view of risk management at a point in time. By raising awareness, we inspire meaningful action before potential issues become real issues. We collaborate and partner on the shared goal of reducing risk to GSK - protecting the interests of our patients. We are in the unique position to view across the GSK enterprise, connecting insights and sharing learning's in the risk space through our assurance and advisory product portfolio.
As an Audit Manager, your role will be to deliver objective and insightful assurance that inspires meaningful action in reducing risk to GSK. This role is critical to illuminating the current state of risk management, giving credit for good practices, identifying issues, understanding root cause, and connecting dots across disparate activities to deliver insights that mobilize the organisation to improve.
The role serves as an ambassador of risk management and the Internal Controls Framework (ICF); fostering openness and trust and connecting individuals to resources that will help them reduce risk.
As an Audit Manager, your development will be accelerated and you can expect to:
• Develop a deeper understanding of your functional business
• Develop broader perspectives and a "One GSK" enterprise mindset
• Gain GSK knowledge and cultural awareness
• Engage with stakeholders at every level of the organisation
• Grow cross-functional networks
• Enhance your leadership capabilities in communication, collaboration, challenge and influencing
• Build critical capability in risk management
If you are interested in broadening your understanding of GSK, performing risk based audits as a means to enrich your professional experience; a career step in A&A may meet your expectations.
To learn about the audit manager role, click on the link below:
The role will focus on the patient safety and research practice enterprise risks. Patient safety covers the collection, management, assessment and reporting of safety data at the LOC and central level.
Research practices covers a range of activities including regulatory filings and engagement, GCP and GLP activities, care welfare and treatment of animals and human biological sample management.
Audits focus on how these risks are managed within GSK. Recent audits have been of clinical trial monitoring in Vaccines, governance of Consumer Healthcare regulatory affairs and data integrity in Pharma R&D. These audits cross all business units providing a unique opportunity to understand how R&D is managed across GSK.
• Engage auditees and other business stakeholders in a way that inspires and builds trust, mutual understanding, and respect
• Deliver timely and meaningful audit outputs in alignment with the Core Audit Process (or other assurance products as required), providing a holistic view of risk management in language the business understands. This includes not only identifying gaps in control and risk management, but also good practices and insights to be shared and leveraged more broadly across GSK.
• Connect assurance workstreams to the bigger picture for the assurance work. Actively join the dots to deliver meaningful insights, and appropriate context to support action.
• Connect auditees and other business stakeholders to insights and resources that will deepen their understanding of risk and the internal control framework.
• Anticipate and effectively manage potential obstacles to audit delivery and risk reduction; ensure timely escalation. Demonstrate a flexible approach to work, rebalancing priorities where necessary and solving problems creatively.
• Uphold A&A consistent standards, whilst working efficiently and minimizing non-value added activities.
• Lead by example to challenge the status quo and create a vibrant, values-based work environment. Develop self and others through giving and receiving feedback to promote excellence and continuous improvement. Engage in peer to peer coaching, teaching, and mentoring.
• Actively contribute to the evolution of A&A assurance strategies and related audit universe entries.
• Expand the knowledge base of the A&A team through proactive knowledge sharing and collaboration. Share your experience actively for relevant audits. Build your own knowledge of new areas and actively participate in audits of new areas to increase your audit experience and flexibility as required by A&A.
• Champion A&A strategic projects and initiatives.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of R&D, gained from functional roles in this business
• Proven track record of managing complex projects / initiatives including planning, organising, managing people and delivering with agreed timelines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong collaboration, partnership and influencing skills
• Good problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to challenge the status quo
• A self-starter, results-oriented.
• Knowledge of the GSK Internal Control Framework and GSK's approach to risk management
• Proficient in English is essential.
• Bachelor's degree preferably in relevant discipline (e.g., life sciences, pharmacy)
• An awareness of ADP tools
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
Application End date - 6th Dec 2018
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.