Senior Manager, COE Procurement - Innovation
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
Are you energised by a procurement leadership role where you can drive efficiency and shape procurement objectives across the organisation? If so, this General Procurement Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a General Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for driving and leading the performance management of all key initiatives and projects in the Local Procurement area, across multiple categories of spend and cross functionally across the wider GSK business, to ensure the delivery of key business objectives and benefits.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
• Aid in the development of annual objectives and enablers for Global Procurement Organisation and cascade into aligned Procurement area as well as support bottom up target setting.
• Define key metrics to measure performance against objectives and enablers in aligned Procurement area.
• Identify, plan and execute key initiatives aligned with these Procurement and business strategic objectives to deliver set targets.
• Ensure objectives are embedded in the aligned area Procurement Leadership Teams personal development plans and leverage when prioritisation of focus is required.
• Lead and implement a performance culture in aligned Procurement area's activities across multiple spend categories working in partnership with Head of aligned Procurement area and Category Leads.
• Develop catered Performance Management governance model to allow for regular and frequent updates on performance against all defined objectives.
• Act as internal consultant to Head of aligned Procurement organisation and support cross-enterprise development of Business Unit/Regional participation.
• Play the role of a challenger to common thinking and an advisor, providing a fresh perspective to proposed strategies.
• Prepare the Procurement Head for all future meetings, at times building executive summaries in advance with Category Leads.
• Provide communication leadership for the Chief Procurement Officer focusing on market or category level, content development and implementation.
Who are Global Procurement at GSK?
We are a centralised and integrated organisation, delivering value to GSK through partnership with stakeholders and our supply base. Our team is comprised of 700+ colleagues in over 65 countries. Collectively we manage over £11B in spend across a substantial breadth of spend categories. We do this through an approach centered around Global Category Management and through embedded presence and engagement with our stakeholders in local country teams and manufacturing sites.
What role does Procurement play in delivering the GSK strategy?
Procurement at GSK continues to develop into an important strategic business partner with a high expectation to help create value for GSK not only through delivering savings to the business but from working with great suppliers who help deliver high quality goods and services to GSK impacting both our bottom line and top line growth.
What's the future for Global Procurement?
We will be an integrated organization with value added business partnering relationships, deep category expertise in the right places, and effective supplier relationship management practices. We are focused on streamlining business processes, efficiently managing a strong pipeline of value-adding projects, and delivering maximum value for GSK.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Monday 10th December 2018
For internal GSK applicants please indicate in your application if you are at risk of redundancy.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
• Bachelor's degree
• Direct experience leading procurement for a specific supply category
• Project management experience
• Experience generating data insights for performance metrics
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
• Experience managing multiple stakeholders
• Strong Influencing skills
• Executive communications experience
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.