Product Owner - Fieldglass
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
We are looking to hire a talented Product Owner specialising in Fieldglass technology, the Fieldglass Product Owner is accountable for business & technical analysis for products in the Procurement area. As part of the persistent product development team or a project team, you will be accountable for technical deliverables and ensuring sound architectural setup of products. You will provide technical guidance and advice to Product Owners as part of solutions-fit and options assessment (Viability, Desirability, Feasibility) with a focus on feasibility- for example can the user-story/problem statement be technically achieved.
You will need to have technical expertise in the areas specific to the product domain (Fieldglass,) you will also be accountable for technical artefacts such as systems requirements, solutions design and security & privacy reviews.
You will need to deliver solutions to the Procurement product roadmaps that meet the overall strategic direction for GSK and the GSK overall operating model. Integrated into end-to-end process flows in the SAP template: driving alignment across multiple sites and functions to deliver value to the end customer and GSK.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Technical Configuration/Customization: Work with third party solutions providers and GSK Staff, developers and GSK Core Technology/Platforms to conduct technical configuration/customization of solutions that meet our customers needs and provides a great user experience. Ensures the SAP design is managed and controlled to maintain integrity of the ERP template. Drive synergies across the different modules (Fieldglass / Ariba) in the Procurement area.
• Data Protection: Develop a sound knowledge of GSK policies and processes regarding protection of sensitive data
• Governance & Product Assessment: Take part in technical governance and oversight of product development across a product domain. Support Solutions Architect in the assessment of technology solutions
• Product Domain: Understand the product domain and GA&D roadmap from a technology perspective but also understand how the technology adds value
• Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products
• Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner
• Integrations: Ensure data passing from upstream systems or providers (i.e. Workday) or to downstream systems (i.e. Global ERP) through integrations is efficient, accurate and secure. This also includes building reporting capabilities that support both operational reporting as well as analytic reporting.
• Process Improvement: Drive on-going product and technical improvements adopting a mixture of delivery methodologies where appropriate - but focusing on Value to the customers.
• Technical Product Deliverables: Ensuring completion of technical deliverables as outlined by Product Owner/GRC and ensuring technical aspects of definition of done are achieved.
• Lead team of GSK staff, 3rd Parties to deliver Product enhancements and projects
• Ensures product changes and projects are deploy successfully and deliver the value defined
• Line manage duties
• Ensure Strategic Suppliers (SI) and CWs are delivering quality and to their SOW agreed
• Manage the overall SI to deliver to milestones, targets and metrics
• Support and drive the mix of on-shore / off-shore resource
• Supervise Consultants working on support activities, ensuring that they are able to fulfil their responsibilities to review progress, identify and resolve blockages, ensure SLAs are met and that the production systems are not put at risk resource
• Work on support tickets and escalations providing resolution to break-fix issues, and deployment of operational changes. Demonstrate an ability to resolve complex issues, manage user relationships and delivery
• Proactively seek ways to reduce the volume of support work, by working with suppliers to improve service, identifying common/recurring issues, and proposing improvements
Please ensure you apply before 11th Dec 2018 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Bachelors Degree
• Experience in major global Tech organization
• Track record in successful technical development, solution design, programme and product delivery and service management
• Experience as a Technical Analyst
• Experience of working with third parties in the delivery of working products
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills
• Deep content knowledge of respective functional area (business operating models, processes & products)
• Understanding of Agile Software Development, experience in Scrum, Kanban, SAFE desirable
• Understanding of Emergn VFQ desirable
• Understanding and fit to GSK Values and Expectations.
• Expert in SAP configuration preferably with SAP certification in respective area of expertise
• Typically, 3 end-to-end market/site implementation project lifecycles
• Planning and delivering of their own work is required, must be capable of following a detailed plan and reporting metrics, achievements and resolving impediments
• Work in partnership and drive successful delivery of 3rd Parties, including work off-shore
• Practical experience of global design and SAP solutions in a Pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.