Director - Tech Manufacturing
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
As part of the GMS transition to Pharma Supply Chain and CH Supply Chain, and GSK's aspiration to drive increased value though new innovative digital technologies, data & analytics though agile methods this is a new role within the Manufacturing Excellence team.
This role is responsible for delivering value through the leadership & performance management of the site Tech teams within their manufacturing group.
You will be accountable for
* The Tech Strategy for the group of sites reporting to role.
* Driving strong alignment within enterprise application & platforms Tech organisations on priorities and overall strategy as it relates to sites within group.
* Owns alignment of Tech Strategy for Manufacturing sites with key stakeholders in Engineering, Quality, Technical, R&D, Commercial, Strategy, Finance, HR & EHS.
Key responsibilities include,
• The leadership and performance of the site Tech Managers, developing capabilities and services that add value for the GSK Pharma Supply Chain. Sits on the Manufacturing Group Leadership and Manufacturing Excellence Leadership Teams to identify, create & implement a value adding Tech strategy that delivers business expectations for safety, quality, service & cost.
• Acting as a single point of accountability to the business for the overall delivery of Tech Strategies, Projects and Services for nominated GSK Pharma Supply Chain Manufacturing Group. Acts as an escalation point for Tech problems from site and facilitates cross functional problem solving where appropriate.
• Building talent capability within the Manufacturing Group organisation both within the Tech teams and the broader site teams ensuring GSK Supply Chain Manufacturing is enabled for ongoing successful adoption of digital technologies.
• Building & maintaining strategic external relationships with a range of Tech resources including universities, forum groups, strategic vendors, & other companies. Establishes and maintains an ongoing process to engage & benchmark externally to ensure GSK Pharma Supply Chain Manufacturing remains competitive compared to peer companies, bringing external best practice and innovation where appropriate.
• Acting as an Enterprise Leader driving alignment with the Business and across Tech Groups to deliver long term strategic value. Champions the use of Data & Analytics to actively challenge existing practices & processes, acting as a change advocate & bringing new data driven insights where appropriate.
• Responsible for ensuring ongoing Cyber Security, Compliance and Audit standards are met where applicable.
• Responsible of optimisation of existing Tech processes & systems as they relate to Pharma Manufacturing to maximise value to the business applying Lean & Agile Leadership to eliminate waste from Tech processes & systems. Drives improvement in Tech across the enterprise
• Actively engaging in the development of business strategy and defines the supporting Tech strategies providing a range of Tech solutions to drive business value.
• Capture and prioritise Tech demand in an agile methodology aligned to business value. Develops business case, leads the critical IT investment decisions and PIP approvals.
• Ensures Tech projects are set up with appropriate governance including clear product ownership & accountability and oversee the successful delivery of Tech projects, products & features. roach to prioritization and investment decisions, while ensuring that the simplification objectives are met.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications is 30th December 2018
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- Graduate in science, engineering, computing or similar discipline
- Delivery of Tech services & solutions within a manufacturing environment.
- Senior stakeholder management and engagement experience
- Delivery of significant value & performance improvement strategies
- Application of innovative Tech to deliver business value
- Supporting Tech strategies to meet business needs
- Supporting significant change programmes across International and functional boundaries
- Understanding Tech Operating Models/Ways of Working, staying abreast of latest Technologies and their use
- Master's Degree/MBA
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex matrix environment
- Experience of a regulated industry
- Understanding of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems in a manufacturing context
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.