Manufacturing Product Director
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
As part of the GMS transition to Pharma Supply Chain and CH Supply Chain, this new role is required to drive value across Pharma Manufacturing Excellence through the development of innovative digital products & features and optimised development & support of foundational & advanced manufacturing platforms.
The main purpose of this role is the development and delivery of a value driven innovation product & feature pipeline for Manufacturing, aligned to the GSK Pharma Supply Chain performance drivers of Safety, Quality, Service & Cost.
This will build strong talent capability within GSK Tech in new innovative digital technologies to deliver improved Tech Product usability and adoption within the GSK Pharma Supply Chain.
This role is accountable for GSK Pharma Supply Chain strategy for key systems including eBRS & MES. You will own the Data & Analytics service strategy for Manufacturing Tech Products & ensure maximum value is gained from existing & new platforms, products & features. This includes owning relationships with strategic Tech vendors for manufacturing & balance appropriate internal/external resources to maximise value & minimise risk for GSK.
Key Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to,
• Ownership of GSK Pharma Supply Chain Manufacturing Tech Product Strategy, develops multiyear product roadmaps prioritised to maximise business value, compliance & reliability.
• Leadership & development of Manufacturing Tech talent capability in line with GSK Tech Digital & Agile strategies
• Deployment strategy of Manufacturing Products & features across the GSK Pharma Supply Chain locations. Ownership & continuous improvement of optimised deployment model that enables improved time to value from new products & features and maximises site level adoption.
• Accountable for Manufacturing Tech Product architecture, aligning across the GSK Tech organisation on standards relating to platforms, cyber security, strategic vendors & delivery models. Ensures total lifetime value can be effectively realised from Manufacturing Tech Products & minimises impacts of hardware & software obsolescence & vulnerabilities over the lifetime of each Manufacturing Tech Product.
• Accountable for the Data & Analytics strategy for Manufacturing Tech Products. Collaborates with key business stakeholders to develop a multiyear DD&A approach to ensure GSK Pharma Supply Chain has the data & insights to be competitive.
• Responsible for provision of service support globally for all products within portfolio, ensuring appropriate Service Levels and defined and service governance models are in place and aligned with GSK service support sourcing model.
• Collaborates with other key product owners to drive continuous improvement of GSK Tech's development & deployment tools & methodologies.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, 26 days annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
- Graduate in science, engineering, manufacturing, computing or similar discipline
- Delivery of Tech solutions within a manufacturing environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of designing, implementing and managing business process area technologies / Products
- High level of expertise and proficiency in Tech required with a broad knowledge of applications, integration, data a& technology. Ideally the candidate will have strong working knowledge of business processes and the current application landscape across Manufacturing and GSK
- 2 full lifecycles with a proven success in the design & delivery of complex products and services (e.g SAP)
- Strong conceptual thinking, modelling, analytical and problem solving skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A proven ability to lead others to success in a line and matrix manner (with a wide range of skill sets - business, technical, project), combining strong goal on delivery, collaboration and teamwork
- Practical experience of implementation of continuous improvement and design/architectural methodologies e.g. Six Sigma, TOGAF
- High credibility within the stakeholder community
- Strong relationship building, team working and influencing skills
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.