Programme Manager - Digital Innovation Hub
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
Are you an experienced Programme Manager with a real passion for digital innovation? We are building a team with the desire and drive to transform healthcare and make a meaningful difference to patients and consumers around the world! If you're looking for an opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced digital environment, this is the role for you!
We have an opportunity for an experienced Digital Programme Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day programme management of the Digital Innovation Hub (DIH) and to act as the single point of contact across all projects, sprint leads, and R&D and Tech pillar leads, to ensure desired project and programme outcomes and objectives are delivered. Reporting to the DIH Lead, you will work in close partnership with the core DIH team, suppliers and sprint teams to plan, track and report across the hub to ensure ongoing optimal operational success.
• Master Program Management as a discipline and practice.
• Collaborate between the Core Team, Sprint Teams, Category teams, and DIH to ensure effective launch of digital products in the markets.
• Contribute to program activities including pipeline management and forecasting
• Facilitate communication across disciplines for multiple projects to create alignment and efficiencies
• Contribute to the creation of delivery management processes and procedures to standardize delivery efforts as the DIH grows.
• Continually communicate project status updates to internal stakeholders through various formal and informal mechanisms (e.g. leadership teams governance boards, comms channels)
• Owns project and programme tracking and management to maintain continuity across DIH
• Owns the DIH programme and project plan
• Owns management and use of programme tools such as Jira and Confluence
• Manages all reporting across the DIH
• Support the DIH Lead and VP Digital Innovation in production of presentation materials on hub approach, output and impact
• Work with internal teams to raise and unblock risks and issues
We are passionate about what we do and have created an environment where everyone feels valued, is able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve. We want people who share our values and believe in our mission. Our investment in training, development and learning opportunities will empower you to be the best you can be, and we'll make sure you have a stimulating and wide-ranging role that will enable you develop your expertise as you create value for us.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 9th December 2018
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Program Management or related field.
• Significant experience of leading a team in successful delivery of design and development projects in an Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall environment
• Experience in Agile programme methodology and related systems e.g. JIRA and Confluence
• Experience in Service Design and digital programme delivery
• Knowledge of and curiosity about technology and its impact on design solutions
• Experienced in planning and reporting across complex digital delivery programmes
• Experienced in producing engaging presentation material from both a content and look and feel perspective
• Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization.
• A high level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
• Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail
• A self-starter who identifies opportunities and potential problems addressing them effectively and efficiently
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Able to communicate in a clear, consistent, and transparent manner
• Proven project management skills with the ability to multitask
• A strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do.
• Strong understanding of project accounting
• Ability to cost estimate a large range of project types, and to track and meet budgets, and manage suppliers and supplier cost estimates and contracts
• Experience in presenting to and interacting with senior management
• Understanding of product design, software or digital development
• Experience managing complex, multi-location and multidiscipline projects
• Some healthcare experience preferred
• Experience in writing and reviewing briefs preferred
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 89 manufacturing sites and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
To find out more about Working at GSK, click here.
To find out more about GSK Consumer Healthcare, click here.
GSK Consumer Healthcare combines our strong pharmaceutical capabilities in regulatory, medical, drug manufacturing, and healthcare professional access - doctors, dentists, pharmacists - with best in class fast moving consumer goods capabilities - consumer insight, speed to market, brand focus and the ability to effectively partner with retailers. We call this combination of pharmaceutical and fast moving consumer goods capabilities 'Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare', and believe we are uniquely placed to become the first and best Fast Moving Consumer Healthcare Company driven by science and values.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.