Site Procurement Specialist
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by GlaxoSmithKline
The Global Procurement team is responsible for Procurement across all the GSK manufacturing Sites for Pharma, Vaccines and Consumer. The Site Procurement Specialist covers Direct and Indirect spend for contacts of up to £1m and spend of up to £30m, focusing on the creation and execution of Procurement strategies by creating strong relationships with stakeholders at different levels within the Site or other Sites (as required).
Procurement is accountable for establishing and nurturing value-focused relationships with third parties. The Procurement Site Specialist (SPS) partners with the local Site team(s) to drive and support across all the dimensions of Procurement delivery. At a strategic level, the SPS supports the alignment with the Site Leadership Team; ensures the Site business needs and priorities are well understood and supported from Global Category Procurement teams and contributes, directly or indirectly, to the strategic management of key suppliers. From a more tactical perspective, the SPS supports the local Procurement team in the operational management of activities, implementation of sourcing strategies and other global projects. They also ensure that the daily needs and transactional activities are executed in accordance with GSK's policies and SOPs and that the communication provided to the local Procurement team and the stakeholder community is relevant and effective.
The role is high-profile, as it works with stake-holders enterprise-wide (including at Director-level) to understand specifications and business requirements to ensure that GSK effectively leverages its scale. In delivering your role you will create best-in-class partnerships with key suppliers and deliver quality end-user and infrastructure services in a cost-conscious manner.
• Support the development of the long and short-term plans to improve Procurement processes to enhance the overall performance of the Site. Provide support in the implementation of new processes.
• Support the Implementation of Global Procurement processes, policies, guidelines, strategies locally and ensure compliance.
• Manage interfaces between Procurement and the Site, balancing the expectations of both Procurement and Site stakeholders. Understanding different perspectives and satisfy the needs and expectations of all stakeholders (both within Procurement and the Site).
• Ensure the Site requirements are taken into account within the definition and implementation of Global Category strategies. Development and robust implementation of Procurement strategies for local categories of spend that clearly meet business requirements.
• Support the Procurement function at Site (Manufacturing Direct and Indirect Materials and Capital spend).
• Develop and manage the Site supply base to meet GSK's requirements: assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost, and innovation to control costs in a fast-moving environment. Adapt and respond to regularly changing business requirements.
• Support the development of a long-term vision for all local purchasing categories to support the growth of GSK. Ensure the approval of this long-term vision by local key stakeholders.
• For specific Categories, actively negotiate contracts.
• Reduce the Manufacturing Direct, Indirect and Capex costs of the site. Support the reduction of end-to-end total costs of the Site.
• Influence the balance sheet of the Site through development and robust implementation of best Procurement practices.
• Balance both strategic and operational requirements. Any interruption of supply results in immediate and extended impact on GSK revenue stream.
• Co-ordinate support from multiple Category teams and working within a matrix organisation. Manage relationships with other Procurement staff remotely.
• Provide Procurement support for other GSK Sites as required.
• Secure the supply chain through integrating a risk management approach as a foundation of Procurement mission. Evaluate and mitigate risk associated with long standing local suppliers and single sourcing.
This role requires an individual with high level of enthusiasm and determination, someone with the drive to go the extra mile to deliver change for the site, someone with exceptional analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point. As an individual you will have high learning agility to face tactical challenges that require a significant level of organizational skills (and speed). This role would suit a driven and motivated individual who has experience of working in a complex procurement management environment. Awareness of Procurement tools such as sourcing, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others would be a distinct advantage (including awareness of cost benchmark and financial audits with key supplier and legal matters). The ability to communicate with senior stakeholders (eg Directors, Finance Managers, etc) is considered important.
Applicants should demonstrate in their application how they meet the above criteria in order to be successful for interview selection.
About Ware Manufacturing Site:
Medicines at Ware are presented as either Respiratory devices or in Oral Solid Dose form. The site holds a unique position in our network as the only site responsible for launching the company's pipeline of new medicines in these dose forms, many of which are life-saving medicines. A series of investments in new state-of-the-art equipment are being made that will support the delivery of a record number of new products. This must be achieved whilst consistently delivering outstanding quality, service and value to our patients.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Monday 10th December 2018 (Mid-Day).
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact . This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• University Degree.
• Strong Procurement experience (eg; developing and implementing strategies, stakeholder management, and supplier relationship management).
• Experience in influencing strategy and managing across multiple geographies and supply chains.
• CIPS qualified (or equivalent).
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires. For more information on GSK please refer to our website:
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.