Assistant Finance Manager " Alternative Investments (Illiquid)
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Aviva
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Finance Manager " Alternative Investments (Illiquid) to join the Fund Accounting team within COO.
In this role, you will be accountable for the management and oversight of management accounting, financial reporting and finance business processes across equity and debt strategies within Real Assets. This includes:
- Review monthly SPV management accounts and annual financial statements
- Preparation of technical accounting papers
- Coordination and review of VAT returns
- Accounting lead for transactions, liquidations and legal structure simplifications
- Monitor accounting service provider performance
- Support local investment teams and wider business
- Delivery of all entity audits prior to filing deadline
- Ensure that management accounts financial reporting is produced consistently, on time and to a high standard across all entities and by all accounting service providers
- Manage the annual audit process for relevant entities, working closely with auditors to ensure an efficient and timely audit is conducted
- Manage service providers to ensure an efficient and high quality level of service is maintained
- Develop a robust asset accounting operating model that is scalable
- Ensure robust review processes are followed to ensure detailed review of accounts prepared by third party administrators
- Be proactive in understanding transactions, any matters which have an accounting impact and work with the investment team to embed the asset accounting operating model on new deals
- Ensuring that all risks are understood and all errors and breaches are reported and actioned.
- Ensure entity governance requirements are met
- Ensuring that procedures and controls to undertake activities and minimise risks are appropriate, documented and operating effectively.
- Maintain close relationship with relevant investment teams and portfolio managers
- Understand entity constitutional arrangements and fund structures
In depth understanding of:
- Current accounting standards (UK and IFRS)
- Accounting for Real Asset activities and complex transactions
- common fund structures and tax issues
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Organised with a structured approach to working across multiple activities
- Production of accurate and timely management and financial reporting
- Reporting in a deadline orientated environment.
- Dealing with auditors and managing the audit process
- Dealing with advisers, fund managers and asset managers
- Issue resolution
- Qualified ACA , ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent)
- Circa 2 years PQE
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. Weve built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Avivas core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. Whats important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.