Document Controller - Real Estate - London
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Aviva
You will need to ensure important real estate legal documents are processed efficiently following the company's procedure to safeguard our investors and facilitate property transactions and the appointment of consultants and contractors.
- Take primary responsibility for getting all Real Estate legal documents (eg. Leases, Licences, Consultant Appointment Documents, Rent Review Memos) signed by the correct directors for each fund, working within required timescales and director availability.
- Be the Go-To and main point of contact for all document execution queries.
- Ensure all documents received for execution are in the correct format dependent on signature requirements of each fund and that the correct approvals have been obtained.
- Update and maintain a detailed daily log of incoming and outgoing legal documents to track location, process status and to provide an auditable record.
- Work closely with the Company Secretarial Team to facilitate ease of documents being signed and answer queries.
- Assist in compiling standard contracts for the Real Estate Team, sending out to third parties and take ownership of getting the documents signed and executed.
- Maintain a database of instructions under umbrella contracts for key suppliers.
- Assist the Professional Services team in drafting and updating standard contracts.
- Devise and implement changes to the document execution process to increase efficiency.
- Educate the Real Estate Team on the document execution process and legal requirements for documents.
- Experience in a similar role within Real Estate, demonstrating a knowledge of real estate legal documents, execution rules and requirements.
- Demonstrate experience of having accountability and the ability to work independently with minimal manager input.
- Demonstrate experience of outstanding attention to detail eg. zero tolerance error checking, adherence to KPIs/SLAs, reporting deadlines.
- Demonstrate experience dealing and working with senior internal stakeholders with proven ability to professionally challenge.
- Demonstrate a high level of multi-tasking, planning and organisational skills to manage workloads proactively and manage conflicting priorities.
- Excel database management experience, with proven ability to analyse and present data.
- Demonstrate experience of process improvement and/ or implementation of innovative solutions.
- Demonstrate experience of building and maintaining external stakeholder relationships.
We are proud to be a different kind of asset manager; our intelligent and innovative solutions are based entirely around our clients needs, not ours.
Aviva Investors is a global asset manager with expertise in real estate, fixed income, equity, multi-asset and alternative investments. We are proud to stand out in our field as our intelligent solutions are based around our clients objectives, not ours. About us
Inclusion and diversity
We are a global organisation with thousands of employees and customers from different cultures. Weve built our approach to inclusion and diversity on the principles of respect, valuing differences and inclusion.
One of Avivas core values is Care More, and this is bought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies. Whats important to us is that you are supported to do the best work of your life. Our culture and values
You will be assessed against the Aviva values: care more, kill complexity, never rest and create legacy.