GFSC Programme Communications Lead
Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Aviva
Global Finance for the Future is one of Avivas largest programmes. We want an experienced Communications Lead to join our dynamic, delivery focused team.
- Passionate about building and delivering business communications?
- Inquisitive and ready to challenge the status quo?
- Ready for your next challenge in managing a large communications portfolio?
Sitting within the GFSC programme, you will support and deliver market-leading engaging communications. You will have strong written and creative skills and be confident at operating at both a strategic and hands-on level. You will be articulate, decisive and have an eye for detail with an interest to embrace new technologies and ways of working.
You are responsible for:
- Maintaining positive relationship and engagement with Senior Leaders, SMEs and stakeholders
- Creating key messages through to delivery, incorporating audience preferences, budgets and alignment to overall GFSC/Aviva strategy
- Managing overall programme communications plan - capturing milestones, defining approaches, agreeing audiences
- Supporting the approach of key programme outcomes and prioritising communications resource as required
- Continually using data, insight and best practice to evolve communication strategies and to bring new innovative channels
- Working with wider IT comms network to utilise existing channels for communications methods
- Applying Aviva brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Creating material to be presented to Senior Stakeholders, wider business teams or third parties
- Networking across Aviva to curate information and content
- Building effective relationships to ensure audiences are targeted in the right way and avoids creating unnecessary noise where messages or required action gets lost
You will be:
- Confident at working and engaging with Senior Stakeholders to understand requirements
- Creative in your communications, striving to think outside the box with an ambition to do things differently and embrace new technologies
- Articulate in presenting communications, able to accept and respond to challenge where necessary
- Able to build strong relationships with Programme, Business and Atos stakeholders
- Agile " you can be flexible by adapting plans and resource to meet changing demand
- Focused on delivering at pace working collaboratively across a technical programme
- Able to use language and presentation skills to bring to life a narrative or convey a business case
- Clear in what your audience wants to know against what they need to know
You have experience in:
- Writing strong communication messages across the business
- Detailed planning with a focus on outcome delivery
- Active listening, ensuring stakeholder requirements are understood and delivered
- Writing, creating and delivering content at a strong advanced level
- Thinking ahead and anticipating potential issues before they arise
- Being able to communicate in French or Italian would be a bonus!
What will you get for this role?
- Salary of up to £80,000, depending on qualifications and experience;
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme;
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review;
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays;
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through My Aviva Extras plus discounts for Friends and Family;
- Excellent range of flexible benefits.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and well support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Avivas core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent/carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Equal Opportunity at Aviva
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By minimum criteria we mean that you need to provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
If you require an alternative method of applying Daniela Krol at
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.