Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Experian Limited
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and ambitious PR Manager, to work closely with the Head of Corporate PR, in contributing to the development and delivery of major thematic PR campaigns. This role can either be based in Experian's Nottingham or London offices.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and strategically minded, with excellent people skills. They will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to devise and drive an ambitious programme of content forward, working collaboratively with a wide range of individuals both inside and outside the business. The successful candidate will be required to bring stakeholders from across the matrix on board with plans, by demonstrating confident articulation of ideas, alongside decisive decision-making and creativity.
Excellent writing skills and sound media relations experience are essential for this position, as well as possessing a creative mind-set. Would suit someone with agency experience, with a track record of delivering big ideas on small budgets, planning successful strategic reputation-building campaigns across channels. You must have a positive attitude and experience working collaboratively across multiple functions and with a matrix of stakeholders to deliver impactful l integrated campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and drive thematic PR campaigns across both earned and owned channels, ensuring a stream of positive media coverage and high engagement.
- Work in close partnership with wider brand and marketing teams on thought leadership programme. Helping to shape key content pieces, with consideration of external environment and key reputational issues, to drive media-relevant stories and showcase the material and key messages.
- Demonstrate an understanding of commercial priorities, strategic awareness, linking campaign concepts to business goals and bringing in fresh new PR ideas and approaches.
- Offer counsel and advice to senior leadership in PR team, proactively suggesting ideas to improve PR strategy and best practice from across the industry.
- Work closely with colleagues the UK press team, contributing new ideas and offering support where appropriate.
- Event management as required to drive engagement with specific campaigns and initiatives.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in a related PR role, either agency-side or in-house.
- Proven delivery of successful and impactful integrated campaigns.
- Demonstrable ability to build campaigns from idea to execution, securing stakeholder buy-in, managing matrix approval processes and partnering with other functions where necessary to create delivery plans.
- Hands-on experience with media and strong journalist relationships.
- Management of budgets for third-party costs, demonstrating organisational and financial management skills.
- Excellent writing abilities - press releases, social media messages, blog posts, bylines, white papers as required.
- Crisis management experience, including ability to draft content quickly.
- Knowledge of technology, data and financial services industries desirable.
- You can hit the ground running, you are proactive and confident in your approach
- You are independent, professional and proactive, able to thrive in a working environment which is always-on, connected, multi-location and often by remote.
- You can build positive relationships in relevant business unit/s and with agencies and colleagues
- You can demonstrate resilience and the ability to adapt to changing requirements
- You can behave with integrity, showing gravitas and calmness through challenging situations
- You are a natural fit to a dynamic environment based on 'test and learn' ways of operating
- You are driven and persistent and have the customers' interests at heart
- You can negotiate complex stakeholder situations and work in a collaborative way
- You are extremely well-organised, capable of working well under pressure and hit tight deadlines
- You are a strong communicator, able to hold your own and influence course of action in senior stakeholder forums
- You can deliver feedback in a positive and constructive fashion to agencies and colleagues
People Force International limited
Randstad Financial Services