Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by McBarron Wood International
Do you have a passion for Motor Industry and classic cars? Want to learn more? Read on...
Our high profile VINTAGE car restoration company based in Aylesbury are seeking to immediately appoint a highly experienced Toolmakerwho has a passion to get into the Vintage car market.
This is a RARE opportunity for someone to join this business, who is a fast learner and who has the desire to make real progress within this highly niche and exciting sector of the automotive market.
The overall purpose of this role:
- To service, repair and restore mainly vintage cars as planned by the management team and scheduled by the workshop supervisor.
- To liaise with the parts supervisor, with sufficient amount of lead-time, for the ordering of any parts or equipment that may be required to complete the tasks given on any car allocated to you.
- To be flexible and willing to occasionally assist other colleagues with any tasks they might need help with.
- To work efficiently, diligently and effectively in all aspects of any mechanical engineering that you're tasked with.
- To accurately measure worn components and be able to identify whether or not replacement is absolutely necessary.
- To be able to carry out welding in the form of Arc, Tig, Mig and Gas in order to complete certain tasks.
- On allocated work sheets and on a daily basis, you will be expected to accurately and legibly record the hours you have spent on the various tasks that you complete during the course of each working day.
- As and when necessary, work closely with the workshop supervisor to obtain guidance and instructions for the appropriate courses of action when unforeseen problems occur with the repairs/restoration of a vehicle.
- To carry out work within the machine shop and undertake relatively simple tasks such as grinding and drilling etc.
- To ensure that all necessary procedures are followed correctly and promptly in terms of paperwork e.g. job instructions, time sheets, parts used etc.
- To assist with project records in terms of a photographic library and estimates to ensure the appropriate time is spent on each job.
- This is a full-time, workshop-based position, working Monday to Friday (excluding bank and national holidays.
The successful applicant will :
- Work productively, efficiently and diligently in order to meet the customer's and management's expectations.
- Liaise with the workshop supervisor, parts department and machine shop supervisor, in order to prioritise the manufacture or supply of parts required to fulfil your tasks.
- Demonstrate the relevant technical skills, products and servicing knowledge required in order to carry out your allocated tasks competently and professionally.
- Assist with the execution of the workshop plans in conjunction with the company's activities, expectations and objectives.
- Occasionally meet customers and be prepared to justify the levels of attention and workload spent on individual elements of a job.
- Occasionally drive a vehicle and be capable of diagnosing faults.
- Have an excellent understanding of vehicle technology and be a highly competent mechanical engineer.
- Have experience and skills in precision engineering.
- Have experience and skills in welding - Arc, Mig, Tig and Gas.
- Have experience and a passion in mechanical engineering whilst still willing to learn from the experience of others.
- Have a clean, professional appearance.
- Have a good command of the English language both verbally and written - in particular with legible hand-writing.
- Be able to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels - including with senior management and occasionally customers.
This is genuinely a rare opportunity in the trade. APPLY NOW to receive an immediate call back.