Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Norton Rose LLP
The HR Service Delivery function is predominantly provided by the Global Service Centre (GSC) team based in Manila and is responsible for transactional processes across the Human Resources function. The London based Service Delivery team consists of three roles: HR Service Delivery Advisor and two HR Assistants (one of which is this vacancy). The HR Assistants report to the HR Service Delivery Advisor and support the wider HR team with all administrative tasks that cannot be undertaken in the GSC.
The role holder will be responsible for providing administrative support to the London HR function, supporting GSC activity and the wider business where appropriate. The role holder will work collaboratively with the wider HR team including the GSC to ensure the delivery of a high level, accurate service and will ensure the timely delivery of administrative tasks.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing general support to the GSC, clarifying instructions and liaising with internal clients when needed. Providing direct support on urgent requests.
- Maintain regular communication with the GSC and HR Team - answer any queries in a timely fashion.
- Daily monitoring of the Shared Mailboxes and ensuring hard copy documents are properly checked and executed efficiently.
- Logging work received by hand and/or email and scanning relevant documents onto the system for the GSC to access and complete actions.
- Maintaining employee files and ensure all filing is updated on a weekly basis as minimum.
- Assisting with processing of all invoices and expenses for the HR team using the online workflow system.
- Working closely with the systems team carrying out data audits and quality checks and providing feedback as appropriate.
- Be a "super user" on relevant HR systems including running ad hoc reports and audits.
- Assist the wider HR team with ad-hoc administration tasks, event administration and HR audits (e.g. for diversity and inclusion team, graduate recruitment team and the recruitment team).
- Acting as a point of contact for any feedback regarding work undertaken. Escalating to the Service Delivery Advisor where appropriate.
- Maintaining HR pages on internal intranet so that information is relevant and up-to-date.
- Ad-hoc project work and involvement.
Manage the London-based administrative process for all new joiners and leavers, following the appropriate checklists, including:
Ensure contract paperwork is sent out in a timely fashion and returned and filed where needed.
- Liaising with relevant Business Services departments regarding logistics and training sessions for induction.
- Coordinating and preparing for weekly induction, including preparing all new joiner packs. Ensure that new joiner paperwork is received so that the firm is compliant with policy and UK Visa & Immigration Services requirements in relation to verifying employee details.
- Ensuring all right to work information is entered into the HR system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creating files for new joiners, filing relevant documents (chasing where necessary) and archiving the same as appropriate.
- Verifying documents as part of the DBS checking process.
Recruitment & Graduate Recruitment
- Assisting Recruitment Advisors and Managers with ad-hoc or urgent recruitment requirements (e.g. administering testing)
- With the Head of Secretarial Services, supporting the arrangements for Trainee Secretary Open Days / events as required.
- Supporting the graduate recruitment team with ad-hoc event administration, travel booking and event organisation.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Support with D&I / network event administration. Including key role in the annual PRIME programme.
- Ad-hoc Administrative support as required.
Skills and Experience Required
Administrative experience. Experience of working in an office environment is ideal but not essential, however, we are looking for someone who has an interest in HR and is keen to learn more and develop within the team
- Strong IT skills (Excel, Word, Outlook). Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and juggle tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with demanding internal clients.
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Strong GCSEs and A-levels (or equivalent) (A-C).
- Must present a professional, friendly and client focused attitude and approach at all times
- Confident and flexible approach to taking on new tasks and projects
- Flexible in relation to hours, prepared to work late where business requirements dictate