Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by Cathedral Appointments Ltd
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, the main purpose of this position is to provide an effective and efficient HR and support function across the business, with a focus on Recruitment & Selection, Discipline, Grievance, Performance Management and Employee Relations.
- To manage end-to-end recruitment and selection activities for all employee categories within an agreed policy framework.
- To provide advice and guidance on a wide range of HR related matters to Managers and Staff at all levels.
- To provide objective fairness and equality at work advice in line with the Service Core Values and Equalities framework.
- To provide welfare support including long term sickness meetings and terminations of employment.
- To provide required support on local industrial relations issues and ensure liaison is maintained with appropriate members of the HR Department.
- To undertake the role of Case Manager on discipline and grievance cases, providing support to Managers and Staff; in some instances, to undertake the role of Investigating Officer.
- To liaise with the Training Department in determining training needs which arise from HR related issues.
- To develop new HR Policies and Procedures and to review and revise existing Policies and Procedures to reflect changes within the Service and in line with legislative developments.
- To research, develop and deliver training courses to support policy and management initiatives.
- Significant generalist HR experience working with complex HR issues in a unionised environment.
- Chartered Member or Fellow of the CIPD
- A proven ability to analyse, interpret and explain employment law to all levels of staff and apply best practice.
- Proven evidence of consultation and negotiation skills in a HR environment.
- Competent analytical and report writing skills and the ability to problem solve and influence others.
This is an opportunity for a qualified HR professional to join an experienced HR team that provide a comprehensive service. Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package and a fantastic working environment.
Keywords: HRBP, HR Business Partner, HRBP Jobs, HRBP jobs Plymouth, HR jobs Devon, HR jobs Plymouth, HR jobs Devon, CIPD, Senior HRBP Jobs, HR Officer, HR Advisor, HR Manager, Human Resources, Personnel, People Partner