Trainee Assistant Payroll Administrator
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Licensed Trade Charity
Monday - Friday, 25 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
The Licensed Trade Charity (LTC) is currently recruiting for an Assistant Payroll Administrator to join our Finance team. No experience is necessary, as we will provide fully supported internal training. However, a passion for figures combined with an eye for detail, and accuracy is essential. There will also be the opportunity to have exposure in other areas of the Finance department.
Reporting to the Payroll and Pension Manager, this position will offer full administrative and payroll support and act as the first point of contact for employee payroll enquires. Eventually with training fulfilling the following job outline.
- Input employee personal data for all new employees joining the organisation.
- Request P45, issue the HMRC Starter Check List form for completion by employee.
- Calculate salaries/hourly rates for additional hours worked.
- Receive and check timesheets.
- Calculate SSP, SMP, SPP and charity sick payments.
- Update salary changes when advised.
- Update salaries to include pay award in September each year and produce salary templates.
- Create new pay codes when required.
- Update employee tax codes from P6's received online from HMRC.
- Input Student loan information received online from HMRC.
- Place monthly order with Sodexo (Childcare voucher scheme).
- Process Auto Enrolment Assessment.
- Post and check all information for the monthly payroll.
- Produce Payroll report, Pension report, BACS list and payslips.
- Raise P45's for employees leaving.
- Keep employee salary Excel spreadsheet updated.
- Produce payroll variance report for the management accounts team.
- Other duties will include, but not limited to, HMRC requisitions and submission, administering Teachers Pension reports, opt out forms and preparing monthly salary journal data for the Financial Controller.
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- A keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Good knowledge of MS Office software (especially Word and Excel)
- Strong communication skills
- Service levels and deadline orientated
- Highly motivated
- Ability to use own initiative
- Quick learner
- Ability to work well within a team with a good sense of humour!
Based in Ascot the LTC currently operates three schools and provides financial, emotional support and advice to those currently working in or have previously worked in the licensed trade.
For a full role description and to apply please visit the Working for Us section on our website.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 20th December 2018
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 7th January 2019