Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by Recruit Right
Role - Key Colleague - Transport Department
Working in a small team, based in the transport office this role will involve acting as the key facilitator between various stakeholders (Sales Reps, Warehouse and 3rd party carriers) to ensure deliveries are collected on time and arrive as per our customers' expectations.
An average day will consist of receiving email and phone requests for arranging next day transport, working closely with warehouse to set expectations on transport requirements and collection times and booking vehicles with our portfolio of carriers.
As an internal customer-facing representative of the operational team it is essential that the candidate maintains a high level of professionalism at all times, is a strong team player and thrives off working within a demanding but rewarding environment.
Previous experience in an office based/admin role essential.
Familiarity with 3rd party logistics desirable.
- Communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Email etiquette
- Confident communicating within a team
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Proactive in resolving issues
- Time management
- Prioritisation - the ability to be able to identify priorities using own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Outlook (strong email management is critical)
- Excel skills
Straight Forward Recruitment Ltd