Employee Relations Advisor
Posted on Dec 17, 2018 by Howdens Joinery
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded 7th place in the top 25 'Best Companies to Work For' in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a Trade only business with over 670 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen in 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
To support our ever growing business we are now recruiting for a:
Employee Relations Advisor
Based in our offices in Croxley Business Park, Watford as a member of our ER Advisor team you will be providing ER support to Howdens Trade Division which includes Depots, Field teams and Support Functions. You will manage on average a portfolio of around 30 cases and be advising on a variety of issues ranging from straightforward T&A to complex ER issues.
The Depots are the key to our success and the teams are very customer focused and highly commercial and as a result they expect solid professional and practical advice, delivered in a clear, objective, coaching manner.
The pace is fast and very rewarding. To succeed in this role you must have experience in and a passion for employee relations.
Responsibilities in brief
- To provide an efficient, professional and customer focused ER service to your stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with all levels of managers in order to advise and coach them towards the best possible outcome and resolve for all HR/ER issues.
- Effectively communicate to your key stakeholders and escalate cases when necessary
- Effective and efficient management of own case load of people related issues including disciplinaries, grievances, absent management.
- Ensure advice given is legally compliant and in line with Company policies and procedures.
- Analyse and communicate to Senior and Line Managers any risks and/or costs to the business in relation to ER issues.
- Produce own correspondence, maintain records (we are a paperless office) in a timely and efficient manner in line with our SLAs ensuring all relevant data and systems are updated
- Ability to handle complex and detailed issues remotely
- A strong ER background with proven experience in a similar role to include effective case management is essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Confident communicator and strong influencer with the ability to respectfully challenge and be challenged at any level
- Commercially astute and ideally from a customer focused/service related background
- Team focused with the ability to multitask and support your colleagues
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- CIPD qualified
- The ability to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour!
In return we offer a great working environment, career progression and some great benefits which include:
- Highly competitive salary + bonus
- 24 days holiday
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- Team incentives and outings and social events
- Subsidised gym membership
- Share awards and prize draws
- Free parking
No Agencies, thank you