Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Venn Group
Venn Group is currently recruiting for a Press Officer on behalf of a reputable Public Sector organisation based in Nottinghamshire.
This is a 4 month contract, offering an hourly rate of £14 - £18 per hour, dependent on experience.
The successful candidate will have prior experience.
Duties will include:
- Developing and implementing media relations plans, promoting key areas of distinctive excellence in the organisation
- Proactively identifying key areas of distinctive excellence, including research and expertise that are both relevant and timely to gain media interest
- Developing and fostering good relationships with staff to encourage engagement with the press team
- Developing effective relationships with key media contacts in order to position the organisation as successful, innovative and research active
- Assisting in providing general advice and guidance on media relations to staff, where necessary facilitating the provision of broadcast and print media training
- Working closely with the Head of Communications and Media Relations Managers to support crisis management, liaising with key colleagues as appropriate
- Identifying experts from across the organisation for inclusion on the media experts directory and updating the database as necessary
- Generating, uploading and updating content on the news web pages and social media channels to best reflect the role and activity of the press team
To apply for this role or to find out about other Marketing & Communications jobs, please contact Celia Jarvis on the Midlands Marketing & Communications Recruitment team on or
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.
Adecco UK Limited