Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Page Personnel Finance
HR Advisor, Crosby, 30 hours, £33,000 FTE
Public Sector organisation are recruiting for a level 5 qualified HR Advisor to join their team.
As the HR Advisor your duties will include:
- Act as a first point of contact for staff and managers regarding any general HR queries including terms & conditions of employment, pensions queries and advice on pay and remuneration issues.
- Take responsibility for drafting general HR correspondence as required using standard Society templates e.g. changes regarding employees terms and conditions of employment; handling employee reference requests, leavers correspondence and conducting exit interviews; changes to the Staff Handbook.
- Assist line managers to understand and implement HR policies & procedures to a high standard, applied consistently across the Society.
- Advise line managers as required in updating/drafting job descriptions and person specifications. Whilst ensuring consistency of the Society's career structure remains intact, fit for purpose and avoids duplication.
- Ensure that the recruitment and selection procedures agreed are adhered to and applied consistently and fairly. Take responsibility for the full recruitment cycle including the drafting of job adverts, advice on where to place job adverts, arrange & participate in interview panels including selection criteria and recruitment decision. Undertake all relevant security & medical clearances for new recruits including references, satisfactory medical and DBS checks and draft employment contracts.
- Develop or revise HR Policies and Procedures to reflect changes in Employment Law and Society needs. Train Line Managers to use the HR Policies and Procedures competently and consistently.
- Deal with employee relations cases, such as discipline, grievance, capability etc. Specifically arrange disciplinary, grievance, and complaints hearings in accordance with the Society policies and procedures including providing written documentation to parties liaising with trade union/joint staff consultative representatives as appropriate, attending meetings, taking notes and issuing letters.
- Advise on and calculate occupational and statutory sickness, maternity, paternity, parental leave and annual leave entitlements.
- Provide support to managers by producing sickness absence monitoring reports, highlighting where staff are hitting sickness triggers set by the Society and at what stage of the process the staff member is at. Request Occupational Health Assessments as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records for all staff including individual staff training and qualification records using the HR Information System (Open HR). Train managers to use HRIS. Provide standard personnel reports to line managers as agreed.
The ideal candidate will have / be:
CIPD Level 5 Qualification ESSENTIAL
At least 3 years experience of working within an HR role ESSENTIAL
Have experience of working within a fast-paced business and working to tight deadlines
Have the ambition and drive to work within a developing and growing business.
Have the mind set of continuous improvement, constantly looking at ways to improve and streamline HR support
Experience of recruitment, interviewing and assessment.
Current knowledge of employment law and HR best practice
Experience of working with an Human Resources Information Database
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Influencing, persuading & coaching skills.
Ability to prepare reports for the Senior Leadership Team.
Ability to prepare HR Communications appropriate to the audience.
Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines
Excellent attention to detail
- competitive salary
- flexible hours
- free parking
- other great benefits
Morson Human Resources Limited
Hamlin Knight - Recruitment Specialists in Human Resources, Office Support and Sales & Marketing
Page Personnel Finance
Mosaic Recruitment Ltd.,
Page Personnel Finance
Page Personnel HR