HR Business Partner
Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by TUI in the UK
As an HR Business Partner you will join a dynamic and fast paced HR function based at our Luton Head Office. Acting as a leader for the business area and the HR team you will build and maintain strong relationships with the business stakeholders.
Supporting our Marketing and ECommerce Divisions, an increasingly important and changing sales channel for the UK market, these are teams that are all about our customers.
Although this is full time position (37.5 hours per week) we may be open to considering applications from those wishing to work 4 full days per week (30 hours per week).
What you will be doing
As a HR Business Partner you will be responsible for developing and delivering the HR functional plan, working in collaboration with the business and across the HR network. You will deliver all core elements of the HR strategy & plan on time and to a high standard adapting your approach to meet needs of the function and thus helping to evolve the overall strategy.
Collaborating with the Centres of Excellence/Shared Services as needed to deliver the plan and improve services and managing, promoting and facilitating their role to get appropriate support for the function.
You will be responsible for coaching & partnering Directors and senior leaders. You will be capable and confident to challenge and influence senior leaders on a wide range of HR topics and be the first point of contact for your directors and support the Head of HR in attending senior leadership meetings when required.
Proactively driving an engagement plan appropriate to functional needs and challenges; supporting with related activity in line with the overall timeline, approach and process, whilst developing creative solutions. You will monitor and identify KPIs and provide regular feedback whilst role modelling desired behaviours and inspiring leaders to do the same.
Developing plans to grow leaders at all levels, ensuring they are equipped with technical, behavioural and leadership capability. You will work with business to create functional talent plans and facilitate talent development and succession whilst identifying and promoting opportunities to grow early talent through new and existing schemes. You will be familiar with wider TUI development resources in order to enable you to coach individuals and advise on development activity available and commission or design development activity where resources do not currently exist.
Drive continuous improvement in performance management, talent and succession processes, whilst coaching and challenging the senior leaders.
You will be capable of leading Organisational Design process, largely unsupervised and have the ability to diagnose issues and root cause and be able to influence business outcomes on OD. You will be able to develop and implement broad change plans to deliver OD including behavioural and cultural changes, headcount reduction programmes as required by the business areas
Develop and deliver a resourcing plan to attract and retain talent with Resourcing and the business. You will be involved in hiring decisions for Senior Management appointments. You will coach managers on hiring and interview processes and techniques and may be trained in psychometrics. Identifies and executes activities which enhance reputation and Employer Brand to improve resourcing activity.
Lead project, change & consultation plans to secure critical business changes are implemented. Create commercial, pragmatic and consistent solutions to meet business needs having awareness of wider implications and trade-offs; develop and deliver consultation for all stakeholders (including Workers Councils as appropriate) to support changes.
Identify, initiate and lead projects which deliver value to TUI and/or improve effectiveness.
What we are looking for
- Ability to quickly and effectively build senior-level relationships
- Possesses the personal and professional credibility to coach and influence senior leaders
- Ability to lead, influence, manage and advise on significant business change
- Ability to analyse and diagnose business issues and translate these into people-based solutions whilst continuing to contribute and communicate with a wider commercial view
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to act as a leader for business area and HR team
- Is a strong and visible advocate for change and as such, leads and supports the business through change
- Challenging and questioning approach rather than the acceptance of 'what is'
- Thorough understanding of all HR disciplines including understanding of working with trade unions to drive change
- Focus on continuous self-improvement and fosters an environment in which others focus on their own continuous development
- Ability to operate effectively in an ambiguous, fast paced, constantly changing Matrix environment
- Able to understand complex issues and develop robust HR plans
- Strong communication skills
- Sound judgement and intellect
- Pragmatic and commercially astute
- Experience in a fast moving technology driven organisation would be highly advantageous
- Higher level qualifications are a requirement although these do not have to be in a HR discipline
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK's third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It's our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven't arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Applications close 12 December 2018
TUI in the UK
Newstaff employment services
TUI in the UK