Project Manager (Student Accommodation / Residential Projects) - Midla
Posted on Dec 14, 2018 by UKL Professional Limited
The construction boom is in full flight in the Midlands region! Our client is a leading Construction Main Contractor working on outstanding projects for blue chip clients nationwide. They have recently secured several large New Build and Refurbishment Projects including Student Accommodation, Residential, Hotels, Care Homes and Mixed Used Schemes. We are actively looking for Project Managers for several projects between Sheffield and Northampton.
- Planning the delivery of the project at hand.
- Main point of contact for the Client team.
- Responsible for overall management of programming.
- Overseeing the management of the day-to-day working on site.
- Reporting progress on projects, including financial reporting with assistance of the team.
- Directing the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- Monitoring that the Site and Engineering Team order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Overseeing the daily supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, sub-contractors, plant and materials including Information management / meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork.
- Managing site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensuring compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Maintaining strict quality control procedures, conducting regular site safety checks, tool box talks and inductions.
- Ensuring that all staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years No.1 PM experience.
- Student Accommodation / Residential / Mixed Use project experience.
- Degree educated or similar.
- SMSTS and First Aid at Work
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong team leadership skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to think ahead
- Job stability.
Our client offers industry leading project work, career development and packages. If you are interested in this vacancy e-mail your CV to Ken Phillips at the e-mail address: .com.
The Shore Group
Building Careers UK Ltd
UKL Professional Limited