Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Personnel Futures Ltd
The Mechanical Engineer will assist to develop both current and future equipment and your responsibilities will include conceptual design, detail design, technical documentation, design calculations and feasibility studies. You will be working in a progressive team of multi-disciplined engineers within the overall engineering department. Although a mechanical engineers position where an understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics is expected, a knowledge of electrical and PLC systems would be an advantage. At times there will be requirements to work with the other teams within the group and there will be some possibility of overseas travel.
The Mechanical Engineer should have
- Good Mechanical CAD skills - use of SolidWorks is essential.
- HND or degree level in mechanical engineering or related engineering subjects.
- Manufacturing industry experience is essential.
- A good level of practical and creative ability is desirable.
- Good general PC skills including all MS Office packages desirable.
- Knowledge of physics and/or metallurgical properties would be useful.
- Able to undertake international travel from time to time.
We are seeking a person who is technically motivated with broad mechanical engineering knowledge. You will have a number of years' experience in a manufacturing industry designing special purpose machines or capital equipment. You will also have experience of original concept design. You will be well organized and able to communicate effectively with colleagues, senior management & customers, both internal and external.
Personnel Futures Ltd
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
Hays Construction and Property