Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Randstad Construction, Property and Engineering
Are you a Project Manager near Lewes with experience in steel frame? Then we might have the role for you….
Contract type: Freelance
Start date: 01.12.2018
Duration: 14 months
Salary/Rate: £280-300 per day
Randstad Contact: David Baker (Brighton Branch)
A well respected privately owned contractor that specialises in construction, residential, maintenance and developments.
A new build commercial unit that requires someone with steel frame experience and glass curtain walling. The build will require the individual to have prior experience in CAT B fit out as well.
As a Freelance Project Manager you will be heading up an existing site team that have taken the project through enabling works stages ready for foundation works to commence. You will be the key driver of the project ensuring it is delivered safely, to budget and on time. Your role will involve:
- Creating project programmes with the Contracts Manager.
- Working with the client throughout the development of the scheme.
- Providing input in to subcontractor selection.
- Managing all project subcontractors.
- Managing and mentoring the site team.
- Health & safety planning and implementation.
- Charing progress meetings.
- Providing input in to design, making changes/recommendations where required.
- Ensuring required milestones are achieved.
- Previous experience as a project leads either as a Project Manager or Senior Site Manager is essential.
- Working knowledge of programming software packages (MS Project, Asta Power Projects) is essential.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Excellent eye for detail and be able to interrogate drawings to highlight any issues with design.
- Good level of IT literacy.
- Proven track record of projects delivered on time.
- Highly motivated and committed to the highest standards.
- Focused on progress.
- Hold the CSCS, SMSTS and First Aid accreditations.
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive day rate.
- Opportunity for further contracts
- Access to a host of training course through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Brighton branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.