Field Service Engineer - Solar
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by A&D Recruitment Ltd
Our client is a sales and service subsidiary of a global leader in photovoltaic system technology.
The UK team serves the growing markets of Great Britain and EIRE. It comprises of experienced solar and storage energy professionals.
With Service Hubs in strategic locations throughout the UK our client is able to provide the fastest response time to various plants under Solar PV Operation and Maintenance contracts.
About the job:
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for maintaining and repairing the commercial and utility inverters and the end customer experiences ensuring minimum downtime. Duties include commissioning, troubleshooting, replacing and repairing inverters and other company technology. Duties also include technical reporting and direct customer facing support.
Key responsibilities include troubleshooting and analysing industrial solar PV systems as well as ensuring on time quality reporting from within the office.
- Service, repair, maintain and inspect the wide variety of equipment and systems.
- Delivering excellent field service for residential, commercial, and utility solar projects.
- Commissioning, inspecting and repairing PV systems installed by leading EPCs.
- Troubleshooting and repairing string and central inverters as well as other company technology.
- Collaborating with customers, the leading companies in solar, in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Communicating with senior service managers to deliver the highest level of service and quality.
- Answering incoming customer calls and processing customer queries and error messages, sent to the service line at our subsidiary (ad hoc basis)
- Handling of Service Logistics and spare parts for changing out the individual inverter components and organising the related logistics
- Training EPC's and/or O&M operative's technical personnel on site.
- Recording issues in SAP CRM documentation and provides regular reporting to the head office
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Requires 17th Edition certification
- Bachelor's degree or any educational training in the electrotechnical field
- Has at least three years of experience in installation, repair or maintenance of electrical plants or other installations in the field of power electronics
- Ideally has very good knowledge of high voltage and measurement equipment as well as
occupational health and safety regulations
- Must be proficient using MS Office and SAP, and a basic understanding of IP network technology would be advantageous
- Have a Class B driver's license
- Is willing to travel across the country
- Provide support overseas if required
- Have very good English language skills; German language skills would be an asset.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to interact with customers in a positive and professional manner combined with good independent work skills
- Basic salary - £30,000 - £35,000 DOE
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Toyota Hilux as your company vehicle
- Profit sharing
- Other: Medical, Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Home Office
Future Engineering Recruitment Ltd