Project/Contracts Manager in North/West London
Posted on Dec 15, 2018 by Maybank Projects Ltd
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project/Contracts Manager to join a well-established family run refurbishment company that specialises in commercial and residential refurbishments. We currently have a vacancy for a Project/Contracts Manager, with responsibility for managing the refurbishment of 32 flats in North/West London area. The project starts in January 2019.
You will essentially be a Contracts Manager managing the whole project from start to finish.
Your role will include, but will not be limited to the following responsibilities:
- Produce contract programmes of works from contact /construction information.
- Liaise with clients 'quantity surveyor regarding valuations, variations, etc.
- Obtain all project-related permits and licenses
- Ensure all safety and environmental requirements are met
- Oversee all aspects of on-site work, ensuring that it is following the construction programme, as well as being on budget and on time
- Report to the company director giving regular updates on progress, costs, issues, etc
- Project reporting, monitoring costs and highlighting exceptions, experience of managing budgets and controlling spend is essential
- Prepare and deliver progress reports and programmes for external client meetings
- Take full responsibility for all operational elements of the contract
- Ensure all works carried out comply with current H&S and environmental legislation
- A high attention to detail and strong problem solving ability whilst working under tight deadlines
- A proven track record in delivering quality structures and finishes on time and within budget
- You must be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of the construction industry and you will be expected to liaise with additional site/project managers (who will be reporting to you directly), contractors, adhere to H&S etc.
- CSCS, SMSTS holder
- Qualified First Aider
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well with customers, suppliers, subcontractors and internal staff
- Good H&S knowledge
- Ability to negotiate and execute contracts
- Strong provable IT skills including use of spreadsheets, project programming and presentation software
- Strong planning, prioritisation and time management skills
- CDM experience would be advantageous
No agencies please.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: £270 p/d