Project Manager - (Commercial Fit Out) - Bristol
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by UKL Professional Limited
Our client is a Top 25 Construction Main Contractor specialising in large Design and Build projects across the UK. Having recently secured a £11m project in Bristol. We have been asked to supply an experienced Project Manager to head up a Commercial fit out project for a high profile client. You will report directly to the Project Director whilst being the daily Figurehead on the scheme.
Please note this is a contract position to running for 6/7 months and they would like the successful candidate to start immediately in the New Year. First few weeks, in London at their head offices and after that you will be based on site in Bristol. The hours can flex to acknowledge travelling during the time in London.
As Project Manager the candidate will be responsible for the on-site project delivery and client management. The successful candidate will manage and co-ordinate the site team and all contractors working on site.
Responsibilities as Project Manager include:
- Ensuring company HS&E and quality standards, operating processes, company policies and all legislative requirements are understood, implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Setting up site, Fire Plans, Inductions, Method Statement, Risk Assessments and etc.
- Organising the site to deliver programme requirements on a daily basis.
- Co-ordinating sub-contractors to ensure efficiency of work.
- Monitor the quality of work carried out ensuring high standards of quality are achieved and addressing any issues with sub-contractors / trades.
- Ensuring all programmes, plans, method statements and risk assessments are up to date, understood and adhered to by all the necessary people.
- Solving design and technical issues on site.
- Interacting with the client and architect on a daily basis.
- You need to use be process driven and follow a strict paperwork process.
Project Manager Experience Required:
- Recent office fit-out Cat A and B experience is essential.
- Experience on working on large sized projects
- First Aid, SMSTS & CSCS essential.
- Experience of reporting to senior managment team and formulating appropriate weekly reports.
- Live within acceptable commuting distance of the project.
Please note that if you fit this criteria and are interested in the vacancy, please send your CV for the attention of Meera Patel to .com
Girling Jones Ltd
Capstone Property Recruitment