Asst Athletic Dir for Marketing and Promotions
Posted on Dec 9, 2018 by
OVERVIEW Full-time, senior staff position reporting to the Director of Athletics.
Create and implement the department's overall marketing and promotional strategy with a major emphasis on game experience.
Develop ticket marketing plans within budgetary requirements for selected sports in order to promote attendance (student & community) and generate revenue.
Oversight and management of fan experience at revenue-driven programs, including game day scripts for PA and music. Coordinate efforts with campus and internal groups related to game day.
Significant involvement in overall departmental strategic planning.
Manage necessary contracts for ticket software packages that best serve the athletics department, including a means by which tickets may be sold on-line.
Coordinate the dissemination of information to various athletic teams to create excitement and attendance at selected sports; use of social media, email blasts, on-line advertising, and new technology to reach various groups.
Design, develop, write and edit all promotional publications as needed.
Interview, hire, schedule and train student workers; ensure that students are learning skills while assisting in day-to-day and game day activities.
Compliance with all NCAA, Atlantic Hockey, CHA, PSAC and University rules and regulations. Other duties as assigned.
Mercyhurst University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that encourages members of diverse groups to apply.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
- 2-4 years' experience working in collegiate athletics with experience in marketing, ticketing or corporate sales preferred
- Graphic design skills required
- New Media experience preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed around game schedule
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and excellent time management skills is required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment required.