Client Experience Manager
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by In-Shape Health Clubs
In-Shape Client Experience Mangers lead and manage In-Shape Training experience.
CEM's are passionate about fitness and committed to delivering positive results by driving culture, leading and developing their team, and creating a great client experience.
In-Shape CEMs take ownership for their Training business, by being accountable for delivering results and a consistent In-Shape Client experience.
Lead and Develop Team
- Leads by example for delivering the ISHC company mission to members.
- Manage Personal Trainer process to ensure accurate and effective usage of Personal Training, including client folder, measurement tracking, and Move7 System program design.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and training strong Team of Personal Trainers.
- Ensures staffing model is adequate to achieve Personal Training session targets.
- Partner with General Manager, to identify future leaders, discuss career pathways and implement learning plans for continued growth of Personal Trainers.
- Manage performance by setting clear expectations about behavior, performance and consequences.
- Responsible for continually training Personal Trainer's, to ensure continued growth and development, and delivery of great In-Shape client experience.
- Observes, shadows, and provides feedback to Personal Trainers, ensuring delivery of In-Shape Client Experience.
- Conduct weekly meetings with Personal Trainers to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals
- Role Models for In-Shape core beliefs, mission and Behaviors.
- Serve as a bridge which links the membership and training team together, effectively building on #OneTeam approach through people.
- Actively participates in all meetings, huddles, and activities with-in club. Fostering comradery and alignment.
- Stays up to date on the fitness trends and continue to enhance their knowledge and skills by completing IS CEM Training Programs.
- Embrace organization change by leading and supporting any new initiative.
Deliver Operational Excellence
- Deliver on In-Shape Welcome Experience by demonstrating a passion for fitness and helping members get onboarded to achieve their fitness goals.
- Committed to building In-Shape community of members thru a consistent client experience.
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards by ensuring club is clean, safe, fun and welcoming.
- Obtains client feedback to ensure all Personal Trainers are delivering In-Shape client experience.
- Participates in events outside the clubs, which enrich the community; they encourage their entire Personal Training team to be involved.
- Shadow Client Personal Training Session, welcoming session and Group Fitness Classes, to experience thru lens of member to continue improve our offering.
- Responsible for delivering Club Personal Training goals including revenue and client retention.
- Ensures entire Personal Training team is aware of the club and company goals and focused on exceeding.
- Trains Personal Trainers on delivering Welcome Session & 1 st Session assessments.
- Work with Membership Advisors to effectively present In-Shape Training products.
- Focused on continually building In-Shape Community thru consistent client experience, which fosters continued client retention and increasing amount of sessions trained.
- Responsible for achieving personal performance targets for Personal Training sales and Sessions Trained.
- Work with their GMs to discover ways to eliminate unnecessary costs without impacting the Personal Training client experience.
- Responsible for managing payroll budgets and ensuring proper management of the Personal Training team schedule.
- Plans and prepares business meeting to align with company quarterly objectives.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Availability to work weekends and holidays if needed.
- Available to work weekly schedule of Monday thru Friday, 9am to 1pm & 3pm to 7pm.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Current Personal Training certification from an approved accredited institution required.
- Bachelor's degree in business, retail or hospitality preferred.
- Strong service orientation and desire to deliver an outstanding member experience.
- Computer literate - proficient at MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Word
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Outstanding organization and strong time management
- Must demonstrate professionalism, cooperation and ability to work well in team environment
- Desired knowledge, experience, and understanding of Fitness including; equipment, personal training, and group fitness.
- CPR/AED certification required first 30 days of hire.
- High regard and propensity for safety.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, changes in temperature/humidity; moving mechanical parts and vibration and exercise equipment; frequently required to stand, walk 4-8hours/8 hour day; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; and frequently use both feet and move them forward/backward and side to side; seldom required to sit; frequently to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and continuously reach and twist, including side-to-side movements; carry or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift, carry or move 26-50 pounds.