Major Gifts Officer
Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by YMCA
The YMCA of the Suncoast is searching for a dynamic, mission-driven leader to serve as Major Gifts Officer for the Association Office .
YMCA of the Suncoast
Believing that our people deserve the best, the YMCA offers exceptional wage and benefits package. Our featured benefits package'determined by your employment status and tenure with the organization'includes:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Funded 403B Retirement Plan (YMCA contributions currently at 12% of earnings)
- Subsidized Child Care
- YMCA Facility Access Discounted Program Fees
Under the supervision of the President, the Major Gifts Officer has the responsibility for implementation of the YMCA of the Suncoast's Major Gifts Programs. This includes but is not limited to major gifts to Capital, Annual Support and Endowment. They will cultivate relationships with donors and provide support to the branch efforts to advance major gifts. They will work with the Association Board and the President to achieve maximum income.
- Bachelor's Degree in human services, nonprofit management, business, marketing or equivalent required; CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) and/or CFRM (Certified Fund Raising Manager) preferred.
- Ten plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization, demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources) preferred
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing relationships over time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long term relationships.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and collaboratively, to take initiative and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- High energy and passion for the YMCA's mission is essential.
- YMCA Organizational Leader preferred
Must meet YMCA of the Suncoast driving criteria
Experience working in a multi-unit organization
Core and Strategic Functions
High Quality Programs, Services and Facilities
- Advance major gifts program with a focus on opportunities that support healthy living and youth development
- Actively manages the portfolio of individual, company and organization donors and prospects by cultivating relationships with regular visits, calls and follow up activities.
- Evaluated major gift opportunities from the Y membership and local community. Conducts research on donors, foundations and grant opportunities from this portfolio.
- Prepares and provides plan to CEO for one-on-one solicitations
- Works with Development Support Team to ensure donor acknowledgement, stewardship and public recognition is appropriate.
- Manage capital campaigns, engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms as necessary
- Serves on the Endowment Committee and works closely with VP of Finance to ensure continuity of donor intent
- Create a nurturing and safe environment by reporting suspicious activity that may lead to child abuse or may violate the code of conduct. Ensure the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment by keeping supplies organized, maintain and clean facility and care for equipment.
- Recruit, supervise and cultivate relationships with volunteers through use of Leadership Competency Model resources that create a culture of cause-driven leaders
- Support and partner with CEO and board members on all major fundraising activities
- Provides staff leadership and/or participates on assigned committee(s) of the Board of Directors
- Identify and engage volunteers that support major gifts fundraising activities
- Works with the finance department to prepare annual department(s) budget for approval by the CEO, finance committee and the full board
- Manage major gift expenses within budget
- Forecasts and budget expectations are timely and accurate
- Directs the accounting-related aspects of contributions including timely acknowledgement of gifts, recognition systems and donor intent
- Represent and promote the YMCA in the local community and develop positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
- Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects
- Maximize Association capabilities and opportunities to further the mission of the YMCA of the Suncoast through major gifts to annual, capital and endowment fundraising
- Support the branch and association objectives of the YMCA
- Exemplify relationship building skills
- Teach, role model and promote SMART behavior
- Support the YMCA of the Suncoast GPS (grand Plan for Success) initiatives
- Advance our work in Youth Development, Healthy Living, Volunteerism and Philanthropy
- Incorporate Living Our Cause into work products and behavior
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
YMCA Competencies Organizational Leader
- Philanthropy - Leads a culture of philanthropy.
- Relationships - Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community.
- Influence - Is recognized as an inspirational community leader who navigates complex political and social circles.
- Communication - Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside the Y
- Emotional Maturity - Shares authority and demonstrates courage and humility
- Functional Expertise - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up to date knowledge and skills in technology.
$84,165.00 - $94,686.00
How to Apply
Opens a new window
Resumes Accepted Until