Posted on Dec 10, 2018 by Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
The VA Southern Nevada Health care Team is currently seeking experienced Registered Nurse's (RN) to fill Outpatient Primary Care Clinic and Specialty Care Clinic positions. Current vacant positions are located at various outpatient clinics throughout the Las Vegas commuting area and at the VA Medical Center.
Learn more about this agency
**Locations:** This announcement will be used to fill vacancies for any Outpatient Nursing positions. The individual selected will perform duties at the selected VA Primary Care Clinic.
Northwest Primary Care Clinic: 3968 North Rancho Drive, North Las Vegas NV, 89130
Southwest Primary Care Clinic: 7235 South Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas NV, 89113
Women Health /Specialty Care Clinic: 6900 North Pecos Road, Las Vegas NV, 89086
**Work Schedule:**Various day tours Monday through Friday. (Scheduled hours will not exceed 40 hours per week.) Employee may be required to work weekends and holidays as business necessity dictates.
**Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse**
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
### Conditions of Employment
* You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
* Designated and/or random drug testing required
* Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
* You may be required to serve a probationary period
* Subject to a background/security investigation
* Must be proficient in written and spoken English
* Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
* Must pass pre-employment physical examination
* United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. **OR** The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) **OR** In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
* Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
1 Year or more of successful nursing practice in Ambulatory Care and/or Specialty Care
**Grade Determinations**: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
* Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
* Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
* Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
* Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
* Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
**Reference:** VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Heavy Lifting, 45 pounds and over
Heavy Carrying, 45 pounds and over
Reaching above shoulder
Use of fingers
Both Hand required
Walking (4 hours)
Standing (4 hours)
Repeated bending (2-4 hours)
Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4
Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and 20/40 in the other
Ability to distinguish basic colors
Hearing (aid permitted)
Mental and Emotional Stability
Slippery or uneven walking surfaces
Working with hands in water
Working closely with others
**IMPORTANT:**A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
**Note:**Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:
### Additional information
Annual leave shall accrue for full-time Nurses, and Nurse Anesthetists at the rate of 8 hours for each full biweekly pay period.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members.
If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
**IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.**Your application, résumé, C.V., and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
**NOTE:**Candidate's education and length of nursing practice (experience) will be considered by a Nurse Professional Standards Board in determining the grade and salary of the applicant selected. The recommended salary may be at any point in the range listed for this vacancy.
Experience as an RN will be evaluated to determine if the experience is of an acceptable level of quality with regard to the following four dimensions of nursing: Practice, Professional Development, Collaboration and Scientific Inquiry. Each dimension of practice has criteria that demonstrate essential core competencies for VHA Nursing Personnel.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
..... click apply for full job details
HCA, Hospital Corporation of America
Grifols Shared Services North America, Inc