Posted on Dec 11, 2018 by Tyler Lane Construction
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• Be a part of a company that has received many awards in the industry, most recently the Chicago Building Congress Merit Award 2017
• Great opportunity to work with a committed team of industry professionals
• We use state of the art industry standard software
• We have an outstanding reputation in the industry.
• Our benefit package is outstanding!
Tyler Lane Construction is seeking a Project Estimator at our Chicago, IL location. The Project Estimator has the responsibility for bidding hard bid projects for public agencies.
• Review plans, specs and create complete scopes for all trades
• Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude
• Solicit subcontractors and/or suppliers for pricing and information
• Have a following of subcontractors they work with
• Reviews general conditions, schedule, scopes, hoisting plans, site logistics
• Identify insurance requirements
• Actively participates in industry, clients and community relations to enhance company image and vendor list
• Review projects out to bid and create bid schedule
• Create bid folder and bid documents for bid
• Creates subcontractor list for bidding
• Attend pre-bid meetings and walk thru's
• Create budget and order bid bond
• Obtain proposals from subcontractors and suppliers
• Makes follow up calls and emails to subcontractors who bid
• Reviews projects company is low bidder on and turns over to project manager with all cost, subcontractors and information
• Assist Project Manager, General Superintendent and Project Engineer on preparing buy outs of scopes and bids.
• Assists with change orders for projects and getting cost breakdowns
•2-5 years of relevant industry experience
(We'll train the stellar individual that has a passion and background for commercial construction.)
• Good communication skills
• Excel and On-screen experience is a plus
• Tyler Lane Construction. provides a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience. In addition, a generous benefit package is offered as well.
Revantage Corporate Services
Request Technology - Craig Johnson