Civil Engineering Technician
Posted on Dec 13, 2018 by WYG
Civil Engineering Technician
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Civil Engineering Technician to join WYG's extremely successful and versatile infrastructure engineering team. Based in our Bristol office, this is a unique opportunity to become part of an established and growing Civil Engineering team working on varied and interesting commissions.
Reporting directly to the Civil Engineering team lead, you will be delivering projects within the Southern region and with the wider UK infrastructure team.
- Preparing and drafting Engineering Infrastructure designs with the opportunity to assist with key decision making throughout projects
- Responsible for technical elements and self-management of your own project work as well as acting as part of a team working on elements of major WYG commissions
- Provide excellence in everything that you do. You will be mentored and trained towards this aim
- Involved with both highway's infrastructure and commercial development design
- Production of information in relation to S38, S278, S104, and S106 agreements as well as flood risk and drainage strategies
- Liaise with internal teams and communicate with third party stakeholders
- A recognised engineering qualification and working towards IEng or similar professional discipline. WYG operates an approved training scheme for the ICE and will offer support or a training agreement for any candidate who wishes to progress as an Engineer
- An enthusiastic and professional approach to engineering problems
- Demonstrable experience and an understanding of infrastructure design
- Working knowledge of DMRB, TSRGD 2016, traffic signs manuals and relevant drainage design guides
- Able to use technical design software (AutoCAD, Civil 3D and associated programs)
- Adaptable with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good health and safety practices within the work place and design
- A strong commitment to knowledge acquisition and CPD
- Fully IT literate and proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office and other relevant software packages
- Suitable for security clearance
WYG is an award-winning professional services firm operating from more than 50 locations across the UK, Europe, Africa, and Asia. We are driven by client service and underpinned by technical excellence. We help our clients create value, protect value, and manage risk. We are the partner of choice for organisations operating in complex or challenging environments.
We serve our clients through six business streams:
- International Development
- Infrastructure & Built Environment
- Programme & Project Management
- Surveying & Asset Management
- Planning and Transport
WYG plc's shares are traded on AIM, a market operated by the London Stock Exchange.
In return for your dedication, you will enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension, health cover and flexible working options. Pick and choose your perfect blend from advantages including childcare and retail vouchers and travel insurance. You will also benefit from on-the-job training and development, with support to achieve your career goals.