Posted on Dec 16, 2018 by Young's
Nearest train station - Wallington
The Duke's Head Hotel is a flagship Young's site situated in Wallington. We are a busy 23 bedroom hotel with an adjoining bar, restaurant and function room. We are located 20 minutes from central London by train and are walking distance from Wallington station and on bus routes 407, X26 and others. The Duke's Head is a fun pub with a very pleasant atmosphere and a range of customers including young professionals, local families and our loyal regulars. We open at 7am for breakfast and serve through until midnight on weekends. With a planned refurbishment fast approaching we are adding to our offer as the best pub in Wallington! Our team have pride in their work, respect for one another and have fun in what they do. We are dedicated to high service standards and have a strong team in place already but are looking for an extra, talented individual to join our team.
If you thing you can bring extra character, skill and knowledge to our team then please NOW!
Our offer to our new Head Chef
- Head Chefs get to have full autonomy to create your own menu's and specials.
- Live in position available
- Up to £34,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young's & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
- Opportunity to work within a fantastic team!
What we look for in a Head Chef;
We here at the Duke's Head Hotel are looking for an ambitious, confidant and dedicated chef that has the skill to serve the best in British pub food. We need someone who can work in a team to provide our customers with the exceptional standard of food that they have come to expect. If you have the ability to stay calm under pressure while having a flair for ingredients and British food, while possessing top notch culinary skills then you are the chef for us
Food is served every day at the Duke's Head from 7am to 10pm. We are looking for a fulltime chef to work 5 days a week although we are flexible should the right candidate apply.
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food either as a Head Chef or in the position of Sous Chef.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team
- Be an active hands-on team player with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
'Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs'
"We believe in developing our people to delight our customers"
Job Ref: AD107585WalHC