Kitchen Porter/ Assistant
Posted on Dec 19, 2018 by Young's
Spring Grove, Kingston
Kingston or Surbiton overground station
The Spring Grove has been at the heart of the community in Kingston since 1896, having undergone a major refurbishment in 2015 we are a large yet cosy pub. Just a short walk from both Kingston and Surbiton stations, our customers range from young families to university students to our charismatic locals. We pride ourselves on offering excellent hospitality. We serve premium quality beers, wines and the occasional cocktail. Whilst our kitchen produces menus that reflect the best of British, changing seasonally and using locally sourced produce wherever possible. So, if you approach life with a beaming smile then perhaps the Spring Grove is the place for you!
Our offer to a Kitchen Porter;
- Up to £7.50 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours 35 - 40 hours
- 20% discount in all Young's & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Kitchen Porter;
We are looking for an existing Kitchen Porter or an individual looking for their next step to their hospitality career, who considers themselves to have a passion to work within a reliable team that delivers high quality standards. We need hard-working and dedicated people behind the scenes to help our restaurants run smoothly and to ensure that they are always clean and tidy. As the successful Kitchen Porter you will:
- Be an active hands-on person with a passion to work hard as part of a team
- Have high standards and a great work ethic
- You will show willingness to learn new skills, be an active team player with excellent communication skills
- Be working alongside your kitchen team and will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to deliver top quality service
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills to complete day to day tasks
'Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs'
"We believe in developing our people to delight our customers"
Job Ref: SG104929KinKPA