Sales Support Specialist
Posted on Dec 12, 2018 by Sheraton Grand London Park Lane
- Polished and professional communications skills - verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage workload under own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Courteous andefficient telephone manner
- Strong IT skillsrequired - Word, PowerPoint, Excel &Social Media
- Understanding ofOpera programmes would be an advantage
- Professionalpersonal appearance and excellent standards of personal grooming
By application ofstrong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills support the Salesteam in administrative & operational tasks to support the Sales team &their activities. Specific focus
The ability to multi task and useyour initiative are key skills required for this role.
The position requires a highdegree of self-motivation & ability to work unsupervised, prioritisingtasks and managing workload under own initiative.
In addition you will supportthe Director of Sales with the management of the Sales annual incentiveprogramme
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- By working closely with the England & Ireland Marketing Hub in addition to Marriott approved agencies produce off-line marketing support for the Sales team as and when deemed necessary. This includes (but is not limited to) brochure design, creation and updating of sales presentations, property fliers and newsletters.
- Support Sales Team in providing the highest quality of Guest Experiences for Site Inspections, FAM Trips, Special Events, Sales Blitz, Global Customer Awareness week themed appointment planning & Christmas drop planning. Act as liaison between the Sales Team & the Hotel Operation Teams for these activities
- Familiarise yourself with all hotel operations and ensure effective communication between departments to ensure delivery of excellent guest service as appropriate.
- Distribute client communications and manage invitationsRSVPs as and when required.
- Attend client functions as and when required in thecapacity of welcome host.
- Prepare & manage all Sales presentations as required.
- Update all iPads with any approved changes to Hotel collateral & presentations.
- Support the Director of Sales with the management of the Sales Incentive Management System process. Responsibilities will include submitting annual goals and monthly results in addition to discrepancy tracking.
- Database Management - responsible for updating and maintaining a number of internal/external databases on a daily, weekly, monthly basis including but not limited to Hotelligence, corporate & leisure database.
- Assist Sales team with preparation for Sales Appointments, International and Domestic Sales trips including ordering catering, printing of rate sheets & production analysis.
- Support Sales team through the RFP season by collating and submitting "request to bid forms" pulling production, part completing RFP sheets, submitting rates in MarRFP/Lanyon, any other online tool or direct bids and auditing rates once accepted.
- Prepared & submit approved contracts to Corporate & Leisure contacts.
- Prepare reports as required by the Sales Team on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Ensure VIP / CARE and complimentary forms are completed and distributed to the relevant departments.
- Create and process complimentary vouchers for accommodationand restaurants as requested. Managecontrols around redemption, and liaise with prize winners regarding reservationsand the relative Hotel
- Perform occasional project tasks for Director of Sales & Assistant Director of Sales.
- Representthe department in all matters relating to Health and Safety including being theFire Safety representative for the team.
- Attendall related meetings and ensure that the department is fully trained andadhering to policy.
- Developand maintain close working relationships with finance, reservations and & operationaldepartments
- Proactivelybuild relationships to understand events / groups with the events sales andevent planning teams.
- Participatein departmental and Marriott courses as required / proposed
- Effectivelymanage time ensuring the completion of all pre-set tasks on a daily basis.
- Projecta pleasant and positive and professional image to all contacts at all times
· UtiliseMarriott International standards
· Adhereto Marriott Telephone standards at all times
· Participatein annual Engagement Survey
- GCSE at minimum; A levels preferred
- Experience preferred but not essential.
· Strong Word-processingskills, with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Itunes, Social Media
· Experience preferred but not essential with Opera Sales and Catering or similar hotel bookingsystem
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.